Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 11 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#29031 - 05/10/07 05:56 PM Derek Trucks Band Tickets
chazman Offline
old hand

Warner Theater (Torrington, CT), 2 TIX, May 17th
Row AA, Seats 16 and 14. $36 each (face value less extra stuff they charge you)
Something came up and we can't go :-(
PM me if interested. Thanks.

#29290 - 05/17/07 12:48 PM FREE - Derek Trucks Band Tickets [Re: chazman]
chazman Offline
old hand

If you can get them before 3 in Stamford or off Exit 9 off I-84 in the vicinity of Brookfield, CT you can have them. I hate seeimg empty seats at a concert :-(

#29296 - 05/17/07 03:10 PM Re: FREE - Derek Trucks Band Tickets [Re: chazman]
strat Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Screw Lacrosse. Go see Derek play the slide!

#29302 - 05/17/07 05:55 PM Re: FREE - Derek Trucks Band Tickets [Re: strat]
chazman Offline
old hand

Don't get me started on this one...

on a side note, any Ryan Adams fans out there? I saw him for the first time last night in Kingston (UPAC) and it was one of the worst shows I have ever seen. I guess he hurt his hand skateboarding so I'll cut him a little slack but he should have just cancelled the show. Curious to know if anyone else caught the show and what their thought were...

#29303 - 05/17/07 06:32 PM Re: FREE - Derek Trucks Band Tickets [Re: chazman]
empicard Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: LI, NY
Ryan Adams always makes me laugh, because there's already a guy named Bryan Adams.
Do you think anyone would balk if someone came on the scene named "Ichael Jackson?"

(yes i know, im a tool)

Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.

#29304 - 05/17/07 06:43 PM Re: FREE - Derek Trucks Band Tickets [Re: empicard]
Dillbag Offline
old hand

Loc: "The Town"
BOX!

#29309 - 05/17/07 10:16 PM Ryan Adams- The Percocet Tour [Re: chazman]
rustyrabbit Offline

Loc: village of new paltz
I saw Ryan Adams last night too, and thought it was a very good show. Not being able to play the guitar or piano forced him to focus on his singing. Last time thru he played at Bardavon, and was wandering around the stage talking to himself more than the audience. In his days with his old band Whiskeytown, he was truly crazed, (chugging liquor from a bottle passed up from the audience) so maybe he has settled down a bit (and/or sobered up- OR the pain meds mellowed him out)

He debuted five new songs last night, and I only was familiar with one of the 12 remaining tunes, despite having most of his albums. His voice was in good shape, the band was tight, and knowing that he doesn't always play stuff from his catalogue, I thought the night was well worth it. The people behind me kept yelling for him to turn the stage lights up- not sure what they were expecting.

That being said, he's a fool for being a crappy skateboarder. A couple of years ago he fell into the orchestra pit at a venue in the UK and broke his wrist. Maybe wrist guards would help.

Ya never know what you're going to get with Mr. Adams. I think you just have to settle in and hope you get a focused Ryan, like last night, not the one who got halfway through Oasis' "Wonderwall" and then stopped dead, (last tour). When my wife and I go, we just get ready for anything. After last night, he's batting .500. We'd see him again anytime.

Sponsored