Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (oenophore), 9 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#3062 - 08/31/01 08:22 PM Pawtuckaway & parking tickets
cori Offline
veteran

Has anybody heard about problems with parking at Pawtuckaway and $50 parking tickets? (and is $50 a normal cost for a parking ticket anyway?)

#3063 - 09/01/01 02:24 AM Re: Pawtuckaway & parking tickets [Re: cori]
Anonymous
Unregistered

50 bucks seems to be the new sum for greedy politicians to enhance their budgets. Not like the old 5-15 bucks doesn't get the point across. In PA, state legislature allows parking fines to be $5 to $15. However local municipalities can adopt any fine they want under ordinance and $50 seems to be the magic number.

#3064 - 09/04/01 03:16 PM Re: Pawtuckaway & parking tickets [Re: cori]
Julie Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: SoCal
Cori,

I went to PawTuck last week, no ticket. I have a White Mountains pass on my windshield, but I don't think that matters there. We drove in through the back / western side of the park, and I basically just left my car about 1/4 mile from the 'boulder field', at a pullout before the road became impassable for my Integra.

Where were you parked, and who issued the ticket?

Julie

#3065 - 09/07/01 02:43 AM Re: Pawtuckaway & parking tickets [Re: Julie]
cori Offline
veteran

We parked inthe same spot, I think. Nottingham police gave us the ticket. Everyone got one. There were no parking signs coming up the road, but when we got to what (at least) used to be the parking lot there was not a sign there so we parked right by a phone pole off of the side of the end of the road. I haven't been there in 2 years, but for the last 8 I have parked there without a problem. We found the officer who gave us the ticket and he said it is the park's fault for not building a bigger lot and only 3 cars can park there. We went to the park and they said people steal the no parking signs all the time.

We appealed to the town and of course we lost even though we have a photo of the car there without a no parking sign. Don't you think the pole was a good place to post one? Hmmm. At $50 a car, they can bring in a couple hundred dollars a weekend which is pretty good revenue for a small town. I was just wondering if we were a random hit or if this was an ongoing problem that I had no clue about. Perhaps it was just random. We really did park there thinking it was OK. Oh well!

Moderator:  andrew, Mike Rawdon 
Sponsored