Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 6 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#30374 - 06/20/07 04:34 PM Spiegler Golf Benefit Registration
webmaster Offline

veteran

Loc: New Paltz (Kerhonkson, actuall...
The benefit for local Tom Spiegler is taking place on Saturday, August 11th. It's a 9 hole golf tourney with LOTS of prizes from local businesses & climbing gear manufacturers.

Registration for the event is NOW OPEN.

If you're interested in participating or donating, please see the attached form:

registration pdf

Edited by webmaster (06/20/07 04:35 PM)

#30382 - 06/21/07 12:23 AM Re: Spiegler Golf Benefit Registration [Re: webmaster]
Aya Offline
old hand

Loc: Climbing somewhere
Would it be possible to get more specific info about the event? For example, will it be possible for people who do not have a team of four to play to still register if partners can be found for them? Will it be possible for non-golfers to go to the barbeque?

#30387 - 06/21/07 01:08 AM Re: Spiegler Golf Benefit Registration [Re: Aya]
Dillbag Offline
old hand

Loc: "The Town"
Aya...

Not sure about the team deal... But, I bet if you needed to put a team together you could use the Partner Database OR... Just post up something here!

As far as the non-golfers at the BBQ, well... The answer should be Yes! But, we'll have to see what RR says about that ;\)

#30390 - 06/21/07 02:21 AM Re: Spiegler Golf Benefit Registration [Re: Dillbag]
Aya Offline
old hand

Well, yes, it should be - the point of a benefit is to make money so I assume that paying guests would be welcome unless there are space constraints - but I figured it wasn't clear, so I'd ask. If there are so many prizes from local sponsers and gear companies, would it, for example, make sense to have a raffle at the bbq (which would attract non-golfers as well), since I figure the golfers are going to play golf whether they are in it for prizes or not? (well, I would - I stink! :))

I also don't know that I need to put a team together, but again, figured I'd ask since I'm sure there must be someone else out there wondering.

#30457 - 06/23/07 01:22 AM Re: Spiegler Golf Benefit Registration [Re: Aya]
RangerRob Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Ulster County, NY
The way it is set up right now we need to have a team of four before we can register the team, so we can't gaurantee that if you come individually that you will be able to play. However I can do this, anyone without a partner can PM me and I will try to hook partners up wuth each other. As far as the non players paying to come to the barbecue and raffle, I think it is a great idea, but it is a scheduling problem with the resort catering service who is handling the barbecue. I will have to run it by the organizers and see if we can work something out. More people buying in to the raffle will generate more money for the benefit, which is what we want. Stay tuned.

RR

#30459 - 06/23/07 02:48 AM Re: Spiegler Golf Benefit Registration [Re: RangerRob]
Aya Offline
old hand

Cool. As it stands, I probably will not be able to come to golf, but would definitely come later for a bbq and/or raffle. I am sure I am not the only one.

#30560 - 06/26/07 12:56 PM Re: Spiegler Golf Benefit Registration [Re: Aya]
Smike Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: in your backyard
I need a partner and yes I suck, buuuuut I can hit a ball straight (just not far sometimes)

Hey Aya, Joe is coming down right? Who is he playing with?

#30580 - 06/26/07 02:21 PM Re: Spiegler Golf Benefit Registration [Re: Smike]
Aya Offline
old hand

No, he's not. He's planning on going out west somewhere the first couple of weeks in August. We did have a team, but since half of it's going out west, and since I now probably can't get the day off from work anyway, no golf!

I did just buy golf shoes yesterday though.

#30624 - 06/26/07 11:56 PM Re: Spiegler Golf Benefit Registration [Re: Smike]
learningtolead Offline
old hand

Loc: a wanna be kerhonkson-er
 Originally Posted By: Smike
I need a partner and yes I suck, buuuuut I can hit a ball straight (just not far sometimes)

Hey Aya, Joe is coming down right? Who is he playing with?

If you hit a golf ball as well as you throw a horseshoe, god help whomever picks you up for their team...

#31366 - 07/19/07 07:58 PM Re: Spiegler Golf Benefit Registration [Re: learningtolead]
RangerRob Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Ulster County, NY
Bump

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  sycdan 
Sponsored