Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 17 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#30691 - 06/28/07 08:03 PM Tour de Gunks
Timbo Online   content
addict

Loc: Delaware
This has been done sporadically in the past (last one I recall was just Chris M. and myself a couple years ago), but I would love to do another Gunks.com Tour de Gunks mountain bike ride late summer or early fall.

This would not be the road/off road combo some folks suggested last year. Rather, I envision a total Carriage Road tour taking in perhaps 40 or more miles of Carriage Road, followed by "recovery drinks" at our favorite local establishment.

If we do it in August we can so a swim stop at Awosting, but fall is nice also.

Just wondering if there is any interest out there ?

Tim S.

#30701 - 06/29/07 01:33 PM Re: Tour de Gunks [Re: Timbo]
The Lisa Online   content
addict

Loc: Da Bronx
I think it is a lovely idea, would love to do it! I have not biked on those trails in a couple of years so it would be a nice day out. And not just because of the recovery drinks we will have earned.

#30712 - 06/29/07 07:28 PM Re: Tour de Gunks [Re: The Lisa]
talus Offline
veteran

recovery drinks, you should try the Tour de Laramie. 21 bars you bike to and at each bar you drink either a beer, shot, or mixed drink. 1996 champion here. i have some wild stories from that day.

#30728 - 06/30/07 01:46 PM Re: Tour de Gunks [Re: talus]
chip Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Sittin' Pretty in Fat City
I don't own a mountain bike, but would gladly rent and join in if you post the proposed day. Sounds like a blast.

#30937 - 07/09/07 11:16 PM Re: Tour de Gunks [Re: talus]
addict

Originally Posted By: talus
recovery drinks, you should try the Tour de Laramie. 21 bars you bike to and at each bar you drink either a beer, shot, or mixed drink. 1996 champion here. i have some wild stories from that day.
 Originally Posted By: talus

Champion drinker or champion rider? I must look that one up. My dad would come over to do that - makes a change from the Five-Borough Bike Tour.
I ran a trail marathon in June where a friend staffed an aid station and had a bottle of beer for me every time I ran through \:\)

#31179 - 07/15/07 11:56 PM Re: Tour de Gunks [Re: The Lisa]
Fraser Offline
old hand

Loc: New Canaan, CT
I would do this with you. I think we could get Chris M to join again - he's been riding.

Saturday I ran from the VC (walked the stairmaster), right on UC left on Laurel Ledge (amazing) left on Coppes View, right on Eagle Mountain, around Lake Mohonk, right on Huguenot Drive, up Sky Top CW and back, Huguenot to Woodland Bridge, Kleine Kill to Oakwood back to Overcliff Road around to the top of the stairmaster. I put it at 15 miles. Went to the Deli and nearly busted a gut drinking so much but oh so worth it!

There are some great views in both directions.

Tour de Gunks lives.

F.

#31180 - 07/15/07 11:58 PM Re: Tour de Gunks [Re: The Lisa]
Fraser Offline
old hand

Lisa - which trail marathon did you do?

#31185 - 07/16/07 03:44 PM Re: Tour de Gunks [Re: Fraser]
addict

Fraser, I ran the MipMuck Trail Marathon near Mansfield, CT. A true trail race - rocky, rooty, muddy.
The route you ran sounds lovely. Mountain-bikeable too (avoiding thread drift) except maybe the Stairmaster. I have front suspension but lack that skill.

#31436 - 07/23/07 04:10 PM Re: Tour de Gunks [Re: The Lisa]
Fraser Offline
old hand

There is a GCC meeting August 12, after or before which I'd be up for a long run or bike (or climbing for that matter) if any one is interested in any of the above. I need to confirm times.

#31800 - 08/01/07 06:54 PM Re: Tour de Gunks [Re: Fraser]
addict

It is August! Time to set a date?
I can do Sunday August 12, also the 19th or 20th or 25th or 26th.
Bike/run/drink?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  webmaster 
Sponsored