Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 6 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#33107 - 09/15/07 06:17 PM Transportation to/from Newburgh Airport
saxfiend Offline

Loc: Atlanta
Hi -- I'm coming up next Saturday, flying into Newburgh. Can anyone recommend any shuttle or other transportation services from the airport to New Paltz or vice-versa? One of my partners will already be there with a rental car, so I hate the idea of renting a car just for the half-hour drive to and from the airport.

Thanks in advance!

JL

#33111 - 09/15/07 07:45 PM Re: Transportation to/from Newburgh Airport [Re: saxfiend]
MarcC Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: saxfiend
One of my partners will already be there with a rental car,...

It's not that far. Why not con your partner with the rental to go pick you up for the price of a beer or three?

#33112 - 09/15/07 09:58 PM Re: Transportation to/from Newburgh Airport [Re: MarcC]
saxfiend Offline

Heh, he'll probably be halfway up a pitch when I hit town. Wouldn't want to interrupt his climbing!

With NP being a college town, I would have guessed there'd be some regular shuttle service from the airport for traveling students. I found a limo service but it's about twice as much as a rental car.

JL

#33117 - 09/16/07 02:38 AM Re: Transportation to/from Newburgh Airport [Re: saxfiend]
Mike Rawdon Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Poughkeepsie
What time does your flight arrive? Maybe there's a Gunks-bound climber passing by there (the airport is only 5-7 minutes off I-87)

#33119 - 09/16/07 04:26 AM Re: Transportation to/from Newburgh Airport [Re: saxfiend]
fallenglass Offline
enthusiast

Loc: cornwall
the newburgh bus station is not far from stewart airport (short cab ride) the schedule to new paltz might be spotty though and i'm sure greyhound or trailways would turn a twenty minute ride into a two hour epic. might be worth a call though

#33127 - 09/16/07 08:58 PM Re: Transportation to/from Newburgh Airport [Re: fallenglass]
saxfiend Offline

Considering the alternatives, I guess I'll go ahead and rent a car when I fly in, otherwise I'll probably spend the afternoon travelling instead of climbing. Maybe on the way home, I can find a student who wants to pick up a few bucks for taking me to the airport.

Thanks for the suggestions!

JL

#33128 - 09/16/07 10:36 PM Re: Transportation to/from Newburgh Airport [Re: saxfiend]
Mike Rawdon Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Poughkeepsie
 Originally Posted By: saxfiend
Maybe on the way home, I can find a student who wants to pick up a few bucks for taking me to the airport.

Thanks for the suggestions!

JL

Do that and the rental car co. will likely charge you an extra fee to go retrieve the vehicle you rented from wherever you left it.

Once more - what time are you arriving?

#33129 - 09/16/07 11:36 PM Re: Transportation to/from Newburgh Airport [Re: Mike Rawdon]
saxfiend Offline

Sorry -- arriving about noon on Saturday (9/22).

The plan if I do rent is to take the car back to the airport that evening after we climb.

JL

Moderator:  webmaster 
Sponsored