Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 11 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#34005 - 10/25/07 01:00 PM Three Cups of Tea
d-elvis Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Central PA
I highly recommend this read about the work of Greg Mortenson, a climber who has dedicated his life to helping children in Pakistan and Afghanistan by building schools.

While Bush has insured that a billion Muslims will hate Americans for 200 years, Greg is undoing that one child at a time by providing the means to educate them.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/A1OHNNL57NMQV6

#34013 - 10/25/07 06:22 PM Re: Three Cups of Tea [Re: d-elvis]
oenophore Online   confused
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: 212 land
While Bush has insured that a billion Muslims will hate Americans for 200 years, Greg is undoing that one child at a time

So all will be well between us in a mere two hundred years, unless we have another &#@*&%*$ president in that time span.

#35090 - 01/05/08 01:10 AM Re: Three Cups of Tea [Re: d-elvis]
strat Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: d-elvis
I highly recommend this read about the work of Greg Mortenson, a climber who has dedicated his life to helping children in Pakistan and Afghanistan by building schools.

While Bush has insured that a billion Muslims will hate Americans for 200 years, Greg is undoing that one child at a time by providing the means to educate them.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/A1OHNNL57NMQV6

Just finished reading it today.

I agree with d-bag.

And, I just bought 5 copies (buy 1, get 1 half off) and I am going to distribute them to friends.

I think alot of these messages really need to be spread more broadly.

#36272 - 04/03/08 01:29 PM Re: Three Cups of Tea [Re: strat]
Timbo Online   content
addict

Loc: Delaware
Gotta agree. One of my climbing partners recommended it to me and I read it about a month ago on a business trip to California.

It is actually quite a well-written book, in addition to being an excellent read and good story. So many books are written by people who would not know a dangling participle from a gerund, but this book was different.

I really learned a lot about the people and culture of the "Stans".

Tim S

#39459 - 09/03/08 10:04 PM Re: Three Cups of Tea [Re: Timbo]
Terrie Offline
enthusiast

I just picked it up on the street. A man regularly puts a bunch of books out for people to take, and there it was.

I've only just started it - I'm at the point where he is hand-typing request for donation letters.....

The writing style is really quite beautiful. Very simple, but brings you right into the story.

Moderator:  webmaster 
Sponsored