Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 7 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 10 of 12 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 >
Topic Options
#37906 - 06/18/08 07:34 PM Re: Vote [Re: pda]
alicex4 Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Well, Willaim Ayers and Bernadine Dorn are great people to have in your cadre. I don't get that association. But I also don't understand why he has a professorship at the Univ. of Chicago. Maybe the Univ. could hire some FARC members too.

His preacher of 20 years is a radical marxist pro African preacher. I find it ludicrous for me to believe that Obama wasn't aware of the message. If you believe it, then don't renouce it. Or were you just cultivating it for the voting block (Trinity Baptist) sir?

My vote, probably Ron paul at this point.....the other two guys are toadies.

#37907 - 06/18/08 07:36 PM Re: Vote [Re: pedestrian]
alicex4 Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Yeah, I made that mistake when I voted Perot. It enables Clinton to take the presidency with the smallest percentage of the vote in history. Go figure, without Perot, Clinton would have lost.

#37908 - 06/18/08 07:42 PM Re: Vote [Re: alicex4]
oenophore Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: 212 land
You can't really tell about "third party" candidates. Would those who voted for Perot have otherwise voted for Bush Sr. if the former wasn't on the ballot or would they have skipped the presidential vote altogether? Of course, there are some in each category, but one can't tell how many.

#37909 - 06/18/08 07:43 PM Re: Vote [Re: alicex4]
pedestrian Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: a heavily fortified bunker!
 Originally Posted By: alicex4
His preacher of 20 years is a radical marxist pro African preacher. I find it ludicrous for me to believe that Obama wasn't aware of the message. If you believe it, then don't renouce it. Or were you just cultivating it for the voting block (Trinity Baptist) sir?

My vote, probably Ron paul at this point.....the other two guys are toadies.

Pro-African? Pro-African? The guy is black, and somehow Pro-African comes as a shock to you? Seriously, is that the best you can do?

Ron Paul lost his party's nomination, if you are going to vote Libertarian, why not actually vote Libertarian? As in the Libertarian Party nominee, which would probably be Bob Barr. Although Barr is a flip-flopper extraordinaire; look at how he suddenly started singing a different tune in order to compete on the LP ticket. Plus, if you want to start talking guilt-by-association, I could run down the list of Ron Paul's associations, which are truely creepy... but why play that game, we're better than that, right?

#37912 - 06/18/08 08:05 PM Re: Vote [Re: pedestrian]
Smike Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: in your backyard
My political parties dick is bigger then your political parties dick.

Enough said.

#37914 - 06/18/08 08:44 PM Re: Vote [Re: alicex4]
pda Offline
addict

Loc: Bergen County NJ
A- I see where you're coming from, but I'm thinking maybe we've moved past the Swiftboat playbook this time. But maybe not.

#37924 - 06/19/08 01:36 AM Re: Vote [Re: pda]
alicex4 Offline
Carpal Tunnel

I don't see it as "Swift Boating" to judge candidates by the same yardstick. If you are stupid, corrupt, etc., it doesn't matter to me how you rationalize the association with corruption, you are tainted. I am probably still naive to think that way, and that there can somehow be a better option for the Presidency, but I have been wrong before. \:\)
It's not the pro African thing that bothers me so much about Obama's association as much as the MARXIST themes Trinity Church espouses that disturb me. I can't get behind that rhetoric. Politically, I am in a quandary. No candidate really represents my interests of education reform, a REAL energy policy, immigration and border security (are we a sovereign nation, is that naive?), healthcare, and national security. There are other issues, but I figure the President only has 4 years, so I will be realistic in my citizen demands.

#37929 - 06/19/08 11:15 AM Re: Vote [Re: alicex4]
oenophore Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: 212 land
Perhaps it's a bit of thread deviation to note that "swiftboating" has entered the nation's political vocabulary. Will it have the longevity of the "gate" suffix apropos federal political scandals?

#37933 - 06/19/08 05:21 PM Re: Vote [Re: oenophore]
pedestrian Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: a heavily fortified bunker!
Most true Marxists I know of aren't interested in running for office in the U.S., they are interested in revolution instead, take this nutty mission statement for example from PFOC, a Weatherman offshoot:

"We oppose oppression in all its forms including racism, sexism, homophobia, classism and imperialism. We demand liberation and justice for all peoples. We recognize that we live in a capitalist system that favors a select few and oppresses the majority. This system cannot be reformed or voted out of office because reforms and elections do not challenge the fundamental causes of injustice."

Leftism may have Marxist roots, but with the major candidates you're looking at watered-down Marxism at best. Wright is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. The black bloc is to the democrats as the far right-wing religious set is to the republicans: a captive constituency.

There's plenty of creepiness to go around in that constituency (far right nuts) by the way. I'll let you guess which constituency I think is worse for the nation...

#37935 - 06/19/08 05:51 PM Re: Vote [Re: alicex4]
pda Offline
addict

Loc: Bergen County NJ
I think a candidate might be able to be defined be the intersection of the characters of all his supporters, but not by the most extreme views held by any one of them.

Beyond that, you're just playing politics.

Page 10 of 12 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 >

Moderator:  webmaster 
Sponsored