Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 7 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#35868 - 03/07/08 04:35 PM Re: A rant [Re: MarcC]
mworking Offline
old hand

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=16616951

I think this was already posted – perhaps by me, Mark Shapiro argues well that the EUs more stringent consumer and ecological controls are related to their governments participation in their health care system, and that industry rules here despite the damage it causes ecologically and health-wise. One example was the types of plastic that the EU has banned but we allow.

Please correct me if I am wrong:
Most “older” doctors worked under fee for service and resent the fact that insurance companies and/or government squeeze them minimal fees. Often they correctly feel that lower fees correlate with lower quality healthcare. Doctors under fee for service are learning how to compensate for lower fess by limiting visit times and requiring more visits to receive a “full” treatment.

At the same time many more doctors are employed by hospitals these days and those doctors work for salaries that after being corrected for inflation are in general smaller than what older doctors would have expected to earn.

In short things are changing slowly regardless of what payer system we are under.

#35878 - 03/08/08 12:08 AM Re: A rant [Re: mworking]
MarcC Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Uh, didn't you mean to post this over in that thread in AAG that has morphed into a discussion of health care?

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  webmaster 
Sponsored