Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 2 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#36262 - 04/02/08 09:21 PM Belay jacket, Schoeller WB400 jacket, Marmot Shell
Aya Offline
old hand

Loc: Climbing somewhere
Just a couple of things that have far too much usefulness in them to continue languishing in my closet- nevermind that I have no closet space, and I"m moving soon so I'm trying to unload as much extraneous stuff as possible.

Womens' EMS Medusa jacket, size medium - $40 - EMS says "inter athletes, listen up: This soft shell is so versatile you won't be taking it off till April. Windproof and water-resistant; wear the Medusa as an outer shell for 80% to 90% of winter conditions. When the weather gets too rowdy, wear it as a light insulating layer under a waterproof jacket. Schoeller WB-400 fabric stretches to move as you do, whether you're climbing, skiing, or whatever. Lightweight fleece interior takes the edge off cold climes. Slim-profile design plus the athletic fit creates a svelte appearance. Extra-long pit zips cool you down without making you take the whole jacket off. Full-length front zipper, dual core-vent pockets, hem cinch cord, and collar cinch cord. Weatherproof zippered mesh-lined pocket on upper left sleeve"

It's really sweet. It's clean, but has been worn so has some really really minor discoloration at the cuffs. Retreated with DWR. The description is pretty dead on though. I only need to put a shell over it every once in a long while. It's just that I just got myself a hybrid softshell with a hood (Medusa has no hood) so I don't /need/ it anymore...

Marmot Thunderlight parka - Mens Small - $30 - this is a superlightweight but burly 3-ply goretex parka. Stuffs into a sack that's about the size of a nalgene bottle (included). It's in great shape, no leaks or delamination issues to speak of; washed with nikwax regularly and recently retreated DWR. Some discoloration along the flaps that cover the zippers. It's ultramarine blue, with black taslan reinforcements on the shoulders, forearms and seat area. Here's a link to some site's writeup of it: http://mbstores.com/mathja3goblp.html

EMS belay parka - womens M - that hideous tomato red color that you've seen around. $20. It's all primaloft one, as warm or warmer than the patagonia DAS (has more insulation in the sleeves), pertex quantum shell, big cut, fits over a helmet, stuffs into a pocket to drag up climbs with you. No stains, but has a big tear on the sleeve that I fixed last year with repair tape. It's held up totally fine since then, but you could sew it if you wanted. In no way compromises the jacket. Perfect for damp northeast winters.

Just PM me or email me if you're interested at all. I could probably be convinced to barter for beer alcohol, too.

Mostly I just want to see them go to climbers who might use them more than I do before my closet explodes!

#36265 - 04/02/08 10:44 PM Re: Belay jacket, Schoeller WB400 jacket, Marmot Shell [Re: Aya]
Aya Offline
old hand

Loc: Climbing somewhere
Oh and let me know if you want photos. I have them.

Sponsored