Shout Box

Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 9 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#37064 - 05/15/08 01:30 AM Re: Mooses Tooth here we come! [Re: RangerRob]
Kent Offline
old hand

Loc: The Bayards
Very cool Rob. Some years ago I was with Colby Coombs going up the west ridge of the Moose's Tooth from the Ruth Glacier. It was exceptionally warm and it seemed like stuff was falling down all around us. The ice fall on the approach to the West Ridge was a huge mushy falling apart mess. For every two steps we took up we'd slide down one in the slush. Popping through was easy. Colby still owes me a beer for keeping his butt out of a crevasse. Despite the warm weather our route unfortunately involved walking through a fresh debris field directly beneath three huge overhanging seracs. Pretty ugly stuff but other than Colby's short drop, and getting weathered off, the rest was uneventful, if you can call the stunning view up the Ruth from our camp high on the shoulder of the Moose's Tooth uneventful.

Is your TR report coming soon?

Edited by Kent (05/15/08 03:59 PM)

#37087 - 05/16/08 06:41 PM Re: Mooses Tooth here we come! [Re: empicard]
crackers Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: pdx
 Originally Posted By: empicard
sh!t, i think i saw it on 3 separate occasions! with what, maybe 2 pictures of actually climbing?

You mean the picture of the traverse and the picture of the crack?

Hahaha.

I actually have to hand it to RR for that slideshow. I really enjoyed it both times I saw it, and it was refreshing to get something other than "some people i'm friends with, yeah, they're cooler than you, and i did this awesome incredible route. What? What grade was the route? Don't worry, it's too hard for you, so we didn't grade it. And this amazing place is too cool for you to actually visit..."

Rob, i hope you do another slideshow.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  webmaster 
Sponsored