Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 4 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#3845 - 03/04/02 07:27 PM Avalanch Pass
Anonymous
Unregistered

Has anyone climbed the cracks on the wall next to Avalanch Pass Lake in the 'Daks?
While easy to get to with skis, the thought of the hike is a bit off-putting. However, they sure looked sweet.

#3846 - 03/05/02 01:22 AM Re: Avalanch Pass
Anonymous
Unregistered

i have climbed some of these cracks, and i've looked at 'em all. the hike is fun, and not hard. there are many classic moderate routes to the right of the prominent "fin" on the fin are some harder routes done by tim beaman. there are alot of climbs up there.

mark

#3847 - 03/14/02 12:48 AM Re: Avalanch Pass
Jim Lawyer Offline

Loc: Pompey, NY
I've done a few. 3D (in the book) is quite nice 3-pitch 5.10b (5.9 ending at bolts, 5.8, 5.10b). To the right of the "fin" is a nice 3-pitch 5.9 starting in an obvious left facing corner near the water (5.7 offwidth, 5.9 traversing left, 5.8, lower off anchors). Below the fin is an awesome 5.8 in a right-facing corner ending on a large ledge with bolts (you can also walk in from the left to this ledge). Above the bolts (on the "fin") is a chimney and two cracks branching left...the left one is 5.10 and the right one is 5.10+, both ending at the same bolt/rap station. There are additional cracks on the "fin" right of the bolt station that I haven't done yet...there is some fixed gear present.

#3848 - 03/14/02 02:02 PM Re: Avalanch Pass [Re: Jim Lawyer]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for the info. I guess it will have to wait at least a year, since I'm no where near leading a 'Daks 5.10.

Moderator:  andrew, Mike Rawdon 
Sponsored