Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 8 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#3898 - 03/08/02 01:46 AM North Hampton
Anonymous
Unregistered

Are there any climbing areas around NorthHampton, Amerst area? I am going to Mass tomorrow for a show and I would like to get some climbing in on Saturday. I know of Rose Ledge. How far is that from NorthHampton?

#3899 - 03/08/02 02:25 AM Re: North Hampton
Dizzy Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Berkshires, MA and Ahlington, ...
So K, are you going to the John Hiatt show at the Calvin? If so, you should try to find me as I will be there too!!!! I could be up for some climbing on Saturday AM and I could show you a couple of places to go. PM me or respond here. BTW: Rose Ledge is about 30 minutes from Northampton. Ta, Dizz

#3900 - 03/08/02 03:09 AM Re: North Hampton [Re: Dizzy]
Anonymous
Unregistered

So your going to see John Hiatt also. He is great. Yeah that would be great if we could meet up to go climbing on Saturday. Have you ever been to Rose Ledge? What are the other places you spoke of? It is supposed to be really nice out. Can't waste a good day like that. Must go climbing. I had a chance to go last weekend and it felt so good to be climbing outside again. I have been going to PrimeClimb here and there to keep in shape and work on technique. Where are you going to be sitting? Maybe we could talk at the show. My husband will also be with me. He climbs as well. Drop me a line.

#3901 - 03/08/02 01:33 PM Re: North Hampton
Dizzy Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Berkshires, MA and Ahlington, ...
K,
If it's as nice as predicted tomorrow many places may be crowded. I'd say go to either Rose (yes I've been there but it's been awhile) or Chapel Ledge in S. Ashfield because there are plenty of climbs. I'd suggest bringing mostly TR gear, though most of the climbs can be led.

Yes, Hiatt is great. This should be a good show, too, since it is only him. Finding me is easy. I always sit at the tech area, which is on the first floor, all the way back and in the middle.

Ta,
Dizz

Moderator:  andrew, Mike Rawdon 
Sponsored