Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Rickster), 4 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#39957 - 09/22/08 08:58 PM Re: Giant's Ledges [Re: Dillbag]
Smike Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: in your backyard
Nom...nom...nom..nom...nom

#39958 - 09/22/08 09:04 PM Re: Giant's Ledges [Re: Smike]
strat Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Dill, Smike, and Empicard. Your little click is RUINING gunks.com. Stop all the inside jokes. They make it boring for the rest of us.

(want to pull my ekg lead off?)

#39959 - 09/22/08 09:09 PM Re: Giant's Ledges [Re: strat]
Dillbag Offline
old hand

Loc: "The Town"
Well... We might as well ruin the gunks online... we ruined them in real life for everyone on Saturday!

And NO, we don't want to pull the damn leads off you hairy bastid!

#39960 - 09/22/08 09:27 PM Re: Giant's Ledges [Re: Dillbag]
The Lisa Offline
addict

Loc: Da Bronx
Looking to be enlightened (and keep on-topic) - the Giant Ledges that I know of are located between Panther Mountain and Slide Mountain. They are well within the DEC's Catskills Forest Preserve boundary. Why would Mohonk Preserve look to acquire these?
This is a link to an overall map - Giant Ledges are just east of Route 47 and west of the Woodland Valley Campground.

Catskill Forest Preserve

Edited by The Lisa (09/22/08 09:27 PM)
Edit Reason: fixing link

#39961 - 09/22/08 09:27 PM Re: Giant's Ledges [Re: strat]
Smike Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: strat

(want to pull my ekg lead off?)

As much fun as it may be to see you suspended 4' off the ground with industrial gator clips attached to the ekg leads just above your hairy nipples, I may pass.

#39962 - 09/22/08 09:29 PM Re: Giant's Ledges [Re: The Lisa]
Smike Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: The Lisa
Looking to be enlightened (and keep on-topic) - the Giant Ledges that I know of are located between Panther Mountain and Slide Mountain. They are well within the DEC's Catskills Forest Preserve boundary. Why would Mohonk Preserve look to acquire these?
This is a link to an overall map - Giant Ledges are just east of Route 47 and west of the Woodland Valley Campground.

Catskill Forest Preserve

Not the same place. The lands are private lands just on the northern end of the preserve.

[/ontopic]

#39963 - 09/22/08 09:35 PM Re: Giant's Ledges [Re: Smike]
Ralph Offline

How about this late breaking news. http://www.climbnyc.com/node/94

#39964 - 09/22/08 09:35 PM Re: Giant's Ledges [Re: Dillbag]
caver Offline
enthusiast

Loc: High Falls
As Smike pointed out already the Giant's Ledges (they just coined that name for the fund raising campaign) is really the Waterworks and Larson properties adjacent to the northern boundary of the Preserve in Rosendale.........

#39966 - 09/22/08 10:10 PM Re: Giant's Ledges [Re: Smike]
The Lisa Offline
addict

Loc: Da Bronx
 Originally Posted By: Smike
 Originally Posted By: The Lisa

Catskill Forest Preserve

Not the same place. The lands are private lands just on the northern end of the preserve.

[/ontopic]

Thanks, Smike. Makes sense now.

Edited by The Lisa (09/22/08 10:11 PM)

#39972 - 09/23/08 12:53 PM Re: Giant's Ledges [Re: The Lisa]
RangerRob Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Ulster County, NY
"Minnewaska has single biggest piece of closed climbable terrain in Noeth America"?? As quoted from the ClimbNYC website. I think someone should do a little fact checking before making such bold statements. There is NOT that much climbable rock in Minnewaska. Most of it is shiite. The quality stuff is what is already known. Add it all together, and I bet it doesn;t amount to more than half of the Nears. Hell, West Point has more climbable terrain, and that is totally off limits. What about the Palisades?? Come on dude, I haven't even left new York/New Jersey yet and I have found two examples to prove how absurd that statement was.

RR

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Jannette, phlan, webmaster 
Sponsored