Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 12 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#40322 - 10/01/08 03:47 PM US Army Ready to Deploy on US Streets Today
acdnyc Offline
enthusiast

Loc: NYC/Kerhonkson
What a sad day in our short history. Is freedom dead?

http://www.blogcatalog.com/politics/disc...rest-in-america

Why has't FoxNews talked about this yet?

#40323 - 10/01/08 04:21 PM Re: US Army Ready to Deploy on US Streets Today [Re: acdnyc]
acdnyc Offline
enthusiast

#40333 - 10/01/08 07:13 PM Re: US Army Ready to Deploy on US Streets Today [Re: acdnyc]
alicex4 Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Once again the Federalist papers are topical.
"The same persons who tell us in one breath, that the powers of the federal government will be despotic and unlimited, inform us in the next, that it has not authority sufficient even to call out the POSSE COMITATUS. The latter, fortunately, is as much short of the truth as the former exceeds it. It would be as absurd to doubt, that a right to pass all laws NECESSARY AND PROPER to execute its declared powers, would include that of requiring the assistance of the citizens to the officers who may be intrusted with the execution of those laws, as it would be to believe, that a right to enact laws necessary and proper for the imposition and collection of taxes would involve that of varying the rules of descent and of the alienation of landed property, or of abolishing the trial by jury in cases relating to it. It being therefore evident that the supposition of a want of power to require the aid of the POSSE COMITATUS is entirely destitute of color, it will follow, that the conclusion which has been drawn from it, in its application to the authority of the federal government over the militia, is as uncandid as it is illogical. What reason could there be to infer, that force was intended to be the sole instrument of authority, merely because there is a power to make use of it when necessary?" - Alexander Hamilton, Federalist #29

#40335 - 10/01/08 08:16 PM Re: US Army Ready to Deploy on US Streets Today [Re: alicex4]
acdnyc Offline
enthusiast

Yeah

#40339 - 10/01/08 08:39 PM Re: US Army Ready to Deploy on US Streets Today [Re: acdnyc]
Mike Rawdon Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Poughkeepsie
That's some scary sht. Recall I raised the notion here over a year ago that W might suspend either the elections or the inauguration under the guise of a National Emergency. The ultimate power grab. Looks like he's putting the pieces in place to do just that.

Scary, scary.

#40340 - 10/01/08 08:49 PM Re: US Army Ready to Deploy on US Streets Today [Re: Mike Rawdon]
Smike Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: in your backyard
 Originally Posted By: Mike Rawdon
That's some scary sht.

That’s some scary Tabloid's ;\)

#40345 - 10/01/08 09:29 PM Re: US Army Ready to Deploy on US Streets Today [Re: alicex4]
oenophore Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: 212 land
Hamilton, like his adversary Jefferson, was keen of mind but didn't write with much transparency. The question that is the last sentence of the excerpt is certainly apropos now.

#40356 - 10/02/08 12:52 PM Re: US Army Ready to Deploy on US Streets Today [Re: Mike Rawdon]
mworking Offline
old hand

Guess this was acdnyc's answer to Smike question of who profits from banckrupting the US - to which I'll add while taking enough money to pay the our military just to spice it up!

Honestly I’m not taking this seriously – but on the other hand it is GW and the path he has taken could lead directly to this!

Just thinking about it is very scary to me. Ironic and scary. We’d have brought ourselves down to the level of a third world county! The question then would be the same as in those countries, who will the military back?

The economic crisis would look small. Is this what we are voting to pay for?

Just contemplating – hopefully humorously. Write it up good we might get it into the Onion.

But I don’t like the fact that I can satirically say “it is GW and the path he has taken could lead directly to this!”.

Edited by mworking (10/02/08 01:43 PM)

Moderator:  webmaster 
Sponsored