Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 18 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#39326 - 08/27/08 06:08 PM AMERICAN ZOFINGEN DUATHLON - 10/12/2008
MurphysLaw Offline
gumby

Loc: Hudson Valley, NY
Howdy all,

I'm out from under my rock, and wanted to remind everybody that the 4th annual American Zofingen Duathlon is coming up on the horizon - this year's date is Sun 10/12/2008.

In addition to the extremely challenging Long Course duathlon, which is 5m trail run/84m road bike/15m trail run, all on very hilly terrain, there is the more managable Short Course version, which is 5m/29m/5m.
(it's the identical course, just one lap of each, instead of 1/3/3)

Race takes place at the Pavillion near the Spring Farm parking lot, and uses the beautiful and challenging trails of the Mohonk Preserve, as well as the incredibly scenic (and hilly) roads in and around our beloved Gunklandia.

Come test your mettle on possibly the most challenging multisport course anywhere!
And it's right in your own backyard!!!!

Here's the event website:
http://www.americanzofingen.racesonline.com/

For the 3rd time in it's 4 year history, I'll be toeing the line, hoping to make it thru yet again... come on out and race, or volunteer or just spectate.
Heckling is not only allowed, but encouraged. \:D

-M

PS - did I mention? There's FREE BEER afterwards!!!

Edited by MurphysLaw (08/27/08 07:02 PM)

#40598 - 10/09/08 06:18 PM Re: AMERICAN ZOFINGEN DUATHLON - 10/12/2008 [Re: MurphysLaw]
MurphysLaw Offline
gumby

Just giving this a quick final BUMP.

I know it's supposed to be a lovely weekend (we should all forward checks or cash to D for NOT coming up this weekend! ), and if you are gonna be around anyway, you might want to spectate and shout obscenities at us as we go 'round and 'round and 'round Gunklandia on Sunday am.

Note to The 'Honk crew - we go right down 44/55 from Minne, all the way to the turn onto Granite (CR 27 IIRC), so feel free to hang out in yer terry bathrobes w/ Irish-ed up coffee and heckle us.
First cyclists will probably go thru The 'Honk around 9:10 or so, and then about every 90+ mins thereafter.

#40599 - 10/09/08 07:51 PM Re: AMERICAN ZOFINGEN DUATHLON - 10/12/2008 [Re: MurphysLaw]
dalguard Offline
veteran

Loc: CT
Hey, break a leg. I'm sorry I'm missing it. It's always amusing to see climbers stop what they're doing to watch people running, like they're the ones who are nuts.

#40787 - 10/17/08 01:46 PM Re: AMERICAN ZOFINGEN DUATHLON - 10/12/2008 [Re: dalguard]
ShakesALot Offline
enthusiast

Loc: NJ

http://www.americanzofingen.racesonline.com/

Still no results for this race yet? Just interested, I happened to be in the area Sunday morning and got some motivation from seeing some of the event!

#40849 - 10/21/08 05:18 PM Re: AMERICAN ZOFINGEN DUATHLON - 10/12/2008 [Re: ShakesALot]
MurphysLaw Offline
gumby

The race website hasn't updated the results link yet.

You can find LC results HERE

And SC results

Both LC and SC records were broken; the SC record was utterly shattered by local NP uber-stud Justin Harris.

Next year's event is already scheduled for 10/11/2009.

In addition to the SC and LC events, a new "medium" F1 format event will be added.
(F1 format is R/B/R/B/R - all one loop of the standard current course - like the SC, only you bike and run yet again)

OA and AG winners scored a sweet HUGE BEER STEIN.
Which was handy to have, when drinking from the 3 kegs of ice-cold KEEGAN ALES that were there.
(I like 'em all, but Mother's Milk is my fave! )

Hope to see you there next year.
-M

#40853 - 10/21/08 08:11 PM Re: AMERICAN ZOFINGEN DUATHLON - 10/12/2008 [Re: MurphysLaw]
Mike Rawdon Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Poughkeepsie
 Originally Posted By: MurphysLaw
The race website hasn't updated the results link yet.

You can find LC results HERE

And SC results

Both LC and SC records were broken; the SC record was utterly shattered by local NP uber-stud Justin Harris.

Next year's event is already scheduled for 10/11/2009.

In addition to the SC and LC events, a new "medium" F1 format event will be added.
(F1 format is R/B/R/B/R - all one loop of the standard current course - like the SC, only you bike and run yet again)

OA and AG winners scored a sweet HUGE BEER STEIN.
Which was handy to have, when drinking from the 3 kegs of ice-cold KEEGAN ALES that were there.
(I like 'em all, but Mother's Milk is my fave! )

Hope to see you there next year.
-M

Congrats to you! First in age group and 4th overall, very impressive.

Now, about your ROCK CLIMBING... ;\)

#40857 - 10/21/08 08:41 PM Re: AMERICAN ZOFINGEN DUATHLON - 10/12/2008 [Re: Mike Rawdon]
dalguard Offline
veteran

Loc: CT
Very impressive finish. Congratulations!

Moderator:  webmaster 
Sponsored