Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 6 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 3 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 14 15 >
Topic Options
#41524 - 11/12/08 09:25 PM Re: Rosendale Cave CLOSED TO CLIMBING [Re: RangerRob]
RockHarder Offline
stranger

Rob...not as large as the group you insulted.

#41526 - 11/12/08 09:57 PM Re: Rosendale Cave CLOSED TO CLIMBING [Re: RockHarder]
quanto_the_mad Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: brooklyn
Dude, get a clue. It's called sarcasm. Read it again. The "large" group he "insulted" was in fact only the OP of that thread.

#41527 - 11/12/08 10:08 PM Re: Rosendale Cave CLOSED TO CLIMBING [Re: Eddie]
Mike Rawdon Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Poughkeepsie
Eddie, on behalf of all the local climbers who would never trespass and bolt up someone else's rock, let me say how sad I am to hear about this. Sadly, we both know there are locals who put their own ego and ambitions ahead of others' property rights, ahead of local ethics and traditions, and ahead of the law.

To those who are feeding the flame here, let me assure you that Eddie is a real person, a friend of climbers everywhere (until now), and an honorable gunks.commer since the earliest days. And yes, he really does own a large cave.

#41529 - 11/12/08 10:28 PM Re: Rosendale Cave CLOSED TO CLIMBING [Re: Mike Rawdon]
Eddie Offline
veteran

Loc: NP. NY
 Originally Posted By: Mike Rawdon
Eddie, on behalf of all the local climbers who would never trespass and bolt up someone else's rock, let me say how sad I am to hear about this. Sadly, we both know there are locals who put their own ego and ambitions ahead of others' property rights, ahead of local ethics and traditions, and ahead of the law.

To those who are feeding the flame here, let me assure you that Eddie is a real person, a friend of climbers everywhere (until now), and an honorable gunks.commer since the earliest days. And yes, he really does own a large cave.

\:\) \:\)

#41533 - 11/12/08 11:05 PM Re: Rosendale Cave CLOSED TO CLIMBING [Re: Eddie]
Smike Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: in your backyard
Dude lemme tell ya, talking to him this morning for 20 minutes on the phone and he is pissed and should be!

#41536 - 11/12/08 11:49 PM Re: Rosendale Cave CLOSED TO CLIMBING [Re: Eddie]
Kent Offline
old hand

Loc: The Bayards
As the GCC,the local Access Fund affiliate, doesn't have anything to say about respecting private property rights, it seemingly falls to landowners to illuminate what it says on the Access Fund site regarding climbing on private land...

Quote:
It is every climber's responsibility to know who owns the land on which he or she wants to climb, what access may be available to the crag, and whether there are any land use restrictions that may apply there.

#41547 - 11/13/08 03:34 AM Re: Rosendale Cave CLOSED TO CLIMBING [Re: RangerRob]
RockHarder Offline
stranger

Originally Posted By: RangerRob
Rock... Eddie is not a small man.

Rob..you should know!

#41548 - 11/13/08 04:02 AM Re: Rosendale Cave CLOSED TO CLIMBING [Re: RockHarder]
pedestrian Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: a heavily fortified bunker!
 Originally Posted By: RockHarder
I call b.s. on Eddie. People have been climbing in that cave for years. In fact I was hiking in that area a couple of days ago and saw not one "no trespassing" warning. With that said, if in fact im totally wrong, and you are not a troll, shame on you. My god, talk about overreacting, get a f'n life and shut your fat blow hole!

wow, all the freaking moron newbies are going off on Eddie as if he's in the wrong here. You guys are idiots. Eddie has a long history on Gunksdot, we're all friends.. you newbies are the ones who need to sit back, chill out, and speak only when spoken to.

#41550 - 11/13/08 04:30 AM Re: Rosendale Cave CLOSED TO CLIMBING [Re: Eddie]
merlin Offline
veteran

hey eddie

what happened to bolt the gunks?!?!?!

and umm yeah....watch out...eddie gonna kick yo ass!!!

#41557 - 11/13/08 12:12 PM Re: Rosendale Cave CLOSED TO CLIMBING [Re: pedestrian]
Eddie Offline
veteran

Loc: NP. NY
[/quote] wow, all the freaking moron newbies are going off on Eddie as if he's in the wrong here. You guys are idiots. Eddie has a long history on Gunksdot, we're all friends.. you newbies are the ones who need to sit back, chill out, and speak only when spoken to. [/quote]

thanks ped.

Edited by Eddie (11/13/08 12:14 PM)

Page 3 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 14 15 >

Moderator:  webmaster 
Sponsored