Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 10 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#416 - 06/19/00 06:43 AM Los Angeles to NY
Anonymous
Unregistered

The end of this month I will be taking a trip from LA to NY. I enjoy all types of climbing, but I want to kinda make it a short and sweet trip. Perhaps just a few bouldering sessions en route. Anyhow if you or anyone you know needs a ride from Los angles to NY (or any points in between) I will probably be leaving LA in the next ten days to just do a road trip with no real planned destinations other than Vail Co and Terra Haute IN, on the way. I can make the trip in three days or two weeks, it dosent matter.

Anyhow if anyone would like to have a ride that includes a little bouldering at the least drop me a line at djn4@yahoo.com over the next couple of days and I can see if I can get you in. You dont even have to climb. Everyone is OK, But I probably will stop at some cool looking rocks along the way and if soemone wants to belay or get belayed, then the stops will be a little extended.

I have to be in NY sooon so let me know if you want to go.
(Piece of Sh&t Jeep wrangler that will easilly make it but the top probably wont go up unless it rains real hard)

Peace

#417 - 06/19/00 01:19 PM Re: Los Angeles to NY
Steven Cherry Offline

veteran

Loc: New York, N.Y.
US Hwy 50 goes right near Seneca Rocks. It's also the road you take to Lovers Leap, near Lake Tahoe. These are both great trad areas. You could do worse than take it cross country, setting some rule, like not going more than 100 miles or two hours north or south of it, and still pick up Zion and Indian Creek in Utah, and the Black Canyon of the Gunnison and lots of other great climbing in Colorado.

Moderator:  andrew, Mike Rawdon 
Sponsored