Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 15 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#42541 - 01/07/09 12:25 AM Re: anyone get out? [Re: Mike Rawdon]
phlan Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Gardiner, NY
we got up there saturday the 27th - sunday was ok conditions I think this was taken Monday. it had gotten very warm sunday evening and a lot of snow melted including around the biathlon oval.

overnight it all turned to ice. so this was the icy sparse day. however, on that day there was still OK skiing in the woods. they are sooo good up there about doing everything they can to make it skiable. chopping up the ice. etc. etc.

however, overnight it snowed like nuts so the next day was great conditions. so then we had to stay another night. overall not a bad trip at all despite that one day.

will try to post a couple more pictures from the trip. we got into woodchuck mode in that small cabin. (the cabins at mt van hoevenburgh which are run by Wayne and are great) there is a photo of "cousin itt" which was pretty funny.

#42542 - 01/07/09 02:46 AM Re: anyone get out? [Re: phlan]
chip Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Sittin' Pretty in Fat City
I've known Wayne for many years and stayed a few times in his cabins. Most memorable was the entire week when it didn't go above 5F and was hitting -40 or below every night. I think that was Feb of '87. Ice got to about an inch thick INSIDE the windows. Great to ski out the door and onto the biathlon course. I'm feeling inspired to get out again. Thanks.

#42545 - 01/07/09 04:24 PM Re: anyone get out? [Re: chip]
phlan Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Gardiner, NY
yeah Waynes place sure is a trip. we call it "Wayne's World" ...

some XC photos I just posted, more inspiration.

http://www.gunks.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=1592&ppuser=47

there's also the photo of "cousin itt" in there... anonymous... but some of you might even know her...

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  webmaster 
Sponsored