Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 8 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#44450 - 05/05/09 02:24 PM Gunks.com doesn't load on some computers
Elwood54 Offline
journeyman

Loc: NYC
Hey, sorry if this is a repost, but I didn't see any applicable Subject lines under \"Bugs & Comments\".

Gunks.com isn't loading on my home PC, but it is loading on my work computer. This was happening before the new site was in place. Some others mentioned this problem a few weeks ago, and I was wondering if they found a fix for it.

Thanks,
Mike

#44459 - 05/06/09 01:35 AM Re: Gunks.com doesn't load on some computers [Re: Elwood54]
webmaster Offline

veteran

Loc: New Paltz (Kerhonkson, actuall...
I'm working on it. Apparently were putting a heavy load on the server at Futurequest of late, and we're trying to figure out what's going on. Seems to be associated with some kind of attack.

#44496 - 05/07/09 11:31 PM Re: Gunks.com doesn't load on some computers [Re: webmaster]
Jannette Offline

Cliffmama
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Gardiner, NY
I can load gunks.com on my home network in NJ (Comcast), and on my work network in NJ, but I can't load it on my home network in Ulster County (Time Warner Cable).

Jannette

#44498 - 05/08/09 01:14 AM Re: Gunks.com doesn't load on some computers [Re: Jannette]
quanto_the_mad Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: brooklyn
I think it's a DNS issue. At work, I was switching between two proxy servers that go out in two different states (and thus two different DNS servers), and I was able to get through on one but not the other. This was two weeks ago when people first started having problems. Switching back and forth, it was repeatable.

You could try manually adding a public DNS server, there has to be one out there that works.

#44520 - 05/09/09 04:28 PM Re: Gunks.com doesn't load on some computers [Re: quanto_the_mad]
pedestrian Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: a heavily fortified bunker!
Gunksdot isn't loading for me at work, either, but I'm seeing some other consistent problems with MountWashington.org not loading either, but loading from home fine, so maybe the problem is my office's ISP -- or maybe my workplace has started to filter my favorite sites, but is doing a lousy job of it wink

Edited by pedestrian (05/09/09 04:29 PM)

#44528 - 05/11/09 02:29 AM Re: Gunks.com doesn't load on some computers [Re: pedestrian]
webmaster Offline

veteran

If you're still having problems getting the site to load in some locations, please visit: whatisMyIP.com

Please email your IP address to webmaster@gunks.com for the location in question, and I'll verify that the site is not being blocked my FutureQuest, our ISP. If you're feeling adventureous, you could also send along a snapshot of a trace route if you know how to do that.

#44557 - 05/12/09 07:44 PM Re: Gunks.com doesn't load on some computers [Re: webmaster]
Julie Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: SoCal
I would've done this, but I couldn't load it from ANYWHERE for the last two months, thus I did not see this post.

#44563 - 05/13/09 01:41 AM Re: Gunks.com doesn't load on some computers [Re: Julie]
pedestrian Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: a heavily fortified bunker!
seems like futurequest is being pretty overzealous... they blocked all of Cornell college.

#44621 - 05/14/09 05:09 PM Re: Gunks.com doesn't load on some computers [Re: pedestrian]
webmaster Offline

veteran

Please continue to send me your IP address if you're having difficulty logging in at a specific location.

Thanks.

Moderator:  webmaster 
Sponsored