Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 14 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#44986 - 05/27/09 01:13 AM Looking for climbers interested in climbing harder
paborden Offline
enthusiast

Loc: On the road...
I'm currently refining the nuts and bolts of a mental training product for climbers that I've spent the last two years of my life developing, time spent sitting at the feet of gurus far and wide, learning their secrets, so I could finally bring them to the climbing community.

At long last, that day has arrived. Thing is, I need testimonials from people. So, I'm looking to trade this knowledge for testimonials, assuming you like the work, of course. Not sure what form this will take yet -- maybe a weekend workshop, maybe a few hours one-on-one. If you're interested in getting your mental game up to par, and possibly providing a video testimonial, please shoot an email to paborden (at) gmail (dot) com.

First, though, a disclaimer: by the end of our time together, you might have decided climbing's no longer for you. You might also have decided to quit your job and start climbing full time, who knows. If you're willing to take that risk, email me anyway.

I'll also be glad to answer any questions in this post.

Edited by paborden (05/27/09 02:32 AM)

#44990 - 05/27/09 02:55 AM Re: Looking for climbers interested in climbing ha [Re: paborden]
redtag Offline
journeyman

why you and not a 'proven' system like arno's warriors way? udo and dale's performance rock? horst's how to climb 5.12 etc? crossfit? twight's gym jones? mountain athlete? yoga? martial arts? meditation? recreational drugs? or just plain dirtbagging...

why not offer some information? and credentials?

#44994 - 05/27/09 04:01 AM Re: Looking for climbers interested in climbing ha [Re: redtag]
Jgreene Offline

Paborden,

no one climbs on this forum except RangerRob.

#44997 - 05/27/09 05:22 AM Re: Looking for climbers interested in climbing ha [Re: Jgreene]
redtag Offline
journeyman

rangerrob climbs stairs

#45001 - 05/27/09 11:01 AM Re: Looking for climbers interested in climbing ha [Re: redtag]
Jgreene Offline

Ha Ha, He's also a lightweight with his liquor, did you ever see him at the brau? He always orders the smallest of beers.......what a pussy.

#45005 - 05/27/09 01:11 PM Re: Looking for climbers interested in climbing ha [Re: Jgreene]
paborden Offline
enthusiast

"no one climbs on this forum except RangerRob."

Now that's some funny shite.

Arno's method wasn't proven until it was adopted. Horst didn't gain authority until he'd published a book. And crossfit would have been called crazy ten years ago. Hard to imagine, 'cause each of them has super valuable things to say.

I've always believed in letting people judge for themselves whether something is BS or true for them. So, five years from now, you'll either say I'm an authority on what I speak, or I'm not. I'm fine either way.

For the moment, though, I can't go into too much detail about all this, since I'm still exploring the potential this stuff has. Plus, on an internet forum like this it wouldn't be of much use anyway. It would be like me describing the mechanics of crimping...interesting, sure, but probably not gonna make you climb harder.

Frankly, I think what I'm offering will be most applicable to climbers who feel they're at their limit. But who knows, hence this initial feeler.

#45011 - 05/27/09 01:54 PM Re: Looking for climbers interested in climbing ha [Re: paborden]
RangerRob Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Ulster County, NY
Kostriker dude...that's all I gotta say!!

#45014 - 05/27/09 02:49 PM Re: Looking for climbers interested in climbing ha [Re: RangerRob]
Dana Offline
addict

Peter,

Good luck on your venture! I think it is great that you are exploring new ways to help climbers improve their performance.

Dana

#45025 - 05/27/09 05:15 PM Re: Looking for climbers interested in climbing ha [Re: paborden]
redtag Offline
journeyman

i dont get it

you wont tell us what you're talking about but you're asking for participants

your best pitch is we might quit climbing after working with you or we'll climb harder

you say you cant talk about because you're not ready. so then why are you posting asking for people to give up their time and energy?

you say the internet isnt appropriate for this so then why are you posting it here?

actually as opposed to what you say, all of the other people/methods i mentioned earlier were put forth by people with credentials, based on existing knowledge and experience in a variety of related fields and endeavors

thus i repeat

what are your credentials?
why choose something unknown, cryptically presented, and unproven when one can go with any variety of a number of other methods that have served many well over many years?

if you want to run an intellectual ponzi scheme great. if you want to add to collective knowledge then either put up or shut up - in this case tell us what you're talking about and why we should listen to you or go away until you're ready to so.

Edited by redtag (05/27/09 05:17 PM)

#45027 - 05/27/09 05:44 PM Re: Looking for climbers interested in climbing ha [Re: redtag]
paborden Offline
enthusiast

"you say you cant talk about because you're not ready. so then why are you posting asking for people to give up their time and energy?"

I'm convinced there will be sufficient value to participants to justify them giving up their time and energy. That said, I'm working for free here, and usually this work costs a pretty penny 1on1.

"you say the internet isnt appropriate for this so then why are you posting it here?"

As I said, just starting to bring this to the climbing world. Thus, climber's feedback is invaluable, testimonial or not. Gunks.com is an awesome community, I thought this would be a good place.

"what are your credentials?"

I charge quite a bit in the dating and relationship spheres to do this work with people. I'm also certified in NLP and Reiki, though I'm not sure that's the type of credential you're looking for.

"why choose something unknown, cryptically presented, and unproven when one can go with any variety of a number of other methods that have served many well over many years?"

Keep doing what you've always done = keep getting what you've always gotten. It's your choice. If those things are working for you...keep doing them! I'd never tell you to do otherwise. As for being cryptic, perhaps that's a very conscious choice on my part so as not to be overwhelmed. Those curious have contacted me, others haven't. There's only so much time in the day.

As for the whole put up or shut up, well, no one's forcing you to read this. I will be creating a training blog sometime in the near future. I'd suggest you check it out if you're interested.

Edited: To sound like less of a douchebag.

Edited by paborden (05/27/09 06:06 PM)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  webmaster 
Sponsored