Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Rickster), 1 Guest and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 ... 10 11 >
Topic Options
#44641 - 05/14/09 08:19 PM Re: NEW GCC ELECTIONS [Re: mworking]
Kent Offline
old hand

Loc: The Bayards
The problem is they haven't done a very good job of "maintaining sustainable opportunities for responsible climbing".

The GCC in many ways seems defunct. They no longer have members or elections. The terms of the people running what is left of the GCC expired more than a year and a half ago.

A completely new start seems like a good idea. The climbing access organization we all deserve would hopefully look something like the Southeastern Climbers Coalition.

#44642 - 05/14/09 08:21 PM Re: NEW GCC ELECTIONS [Re: phil]
Kent Offline
old hand

Phil, you owe me a whole lotta beers then. smile

#44643 - 05/14/09 08:33 PM Re: NEW GCC ELECTIONS [Re: Kent]
Jgreene Offline

The SCC just acquired a crag and were losing them WTF....... Do we even have a budget to do that if one were to become avail. Chris Moratz? Bueller......Bueller.....

#44644 - 05/14/09 08:36 PM Re: NEW GCC ELECTIONS [Re: Jgreene]
Jgreene Offline

Kent,

You'll be waitin' along time for those beers, Phil ain't got that kind o' money, he crib be in crooklyn.

#44647 - 05/14/09 08:50 PM Re: NEW GCC ELECTIONS [Re: Kent]
phil Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Originally Posted By: Kent
Phil, you owe me a whole lotta beers then. smile

Hay it's Darth Varder! Got tired of water boarding tresspassers, are related to Dick Chaney in anyway? I was wondering smile

Anyway... of course I owe you a lot of beer, I still owe you from my fall 5 or 6 years ago.

True Story:

I am actually the first chair of the GCC... aint that a kick in the ass laugh

It was me and John Meyers when this started and that was it... I got kicked out of the GCC after I was emailing some people using terms like "what the hell you are talkng about?" and "hay moron" well I got a call from John... we had a heart to heart and I decided that being nice to poeple all the time for volunteer thing is not for me.

What's my point?

It takes a lot of work to do what those people do. I dont want to do it.

The fact is, I dont think you have what it takes to start something like the GCC... Not that I dont think that you're Darth Vader, I do smile , you're Vadrer on Steriods Bro! grin it's just that it is a lot easier to throw stones at something than it is to really get involved.

Are they doing a good job? I'll put it to you this way... I wanna see you even try to start something like the GCC and then we'll talk wink

#44648 - 05/14/09 08:54 PM Re: NEW GCC ELECTIONS [Re: Jgreene]
TerrieM Offline
addict

Loc: Gunks in Summer, Southwest in ...
Anyone can get involved with GCC. Last year, when the "oh no, the c/ground may close! GCC DO SOMETHING!!!" issue came up, people with the GCC extended email invitations to several(if not all) who commented - "Attend out next meeting!"

I went to that meeting. Even though I haven't got a car, one of the GCC people came out and picked me up at the cliffs, and then drove me back later. There was even a party with STEAKS and corn on the cobb(personal party, not on anyone else's dime).

Of all those invited, I was told that I was the only one who even SAID they would try to attend.

I think it's all too easy to say "They should." "They" are only so many people. If we don't like the job, "We" should become involved.

#44649 - 05/14/09 09:03 PM Re: NEW GCC ELECTIONS [Re: phil]
Jgreene Offline

"I am actually the first chair of the GCC... aint that a kick in the ass"

That's not even on their website, I knew this was a covert operation, I demand transparency. If Chris Moratz is gonna stay we at least need to find him a hot young woman. It looks pretty bad when the SCC is acquiring crags left and right and all we get is Chairman Moratz walkin' around with grandma Annie Oh on his arm.

#44650 - 05/14/09 09:07 PM Re: NEW GCC ELECTIONS [Re: Jgreene]
phil Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
I bet she climbs better than you do?

Or at lest has more balls? cool

#44651 - 05/14/09 09:09 PM Re: NEW GCC ELECTIONS [Re: phil]
Jgreene Offline

ROFL, she was definately the man in that relationship.....sorry Chris

#44652 - 05/14/09 09:14 PM Re: NEW GCC ELECTIONS [Re: phil]
Kent Offline
old hand

Haha. Yeah, Cheney called. He's coming over later to give me some tips.

And yeah, there's no way I could start something like the GCC. I've started two companies, and one's 20th anniversary was just five days ago. But something like the GCC would just be sooooo beyond me.

Anyway, seriously speaking, I'm advocating on behalf of landowners here, not climbers. As a landowners advocate though I'd very much like to have a reasonable, respectful, and communicative group on the other side of the table. Instead I get the passive aggressiveness of the GCC. The passive aggressive message...."We're going to express our displeasure with you by not speaking to you." And so we landowners are left to communicate with things like land closures.

It's nice to see we agree on one thing though Phil. You owe me a lot of beer smile

The Caped Crusader aka Luke Skywalker

Edited by Kent (05/14/09 09:47 PM)

Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 ... 10 11 >

Moderator:  webmaster 
Sponsored