Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 8 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12 13 >
Topic Options
#45136 - 05/29/09 07:06 PM Re: Time for e climbing ethics debate [Re: Dillbag]
Dizzy Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Berkshires, MA and Ahlington, ...
I love Tradman.

Ta,
Dizz

#45137 - 05/29/09 07:21 PM Re: Time for e climbing ethics debate [Re: Dizzy]
chip Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Sittin' Pretty in Fat City
So it is written, so may it be done.

#45139 - 05/29/09 08:41 PM Re: Time for e climbing ethics debate [Re: chip]
Chas Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Flagstaff
I said it was not cool, but I didn't give any explaination, and I hate dogma without thought (bolts when lower off bolts could be more beneficial then the act of placing permenetnt gear). My rationale behind that it isn't cool is that it is presumtious that there won't be another party looking to climb the same line and interfering with someone else's experience is a big no-no in my book.

Being presumtious is not good (like the group years ago who through a rope down on my head when I was leading Fritschens Follies before I got my first piece of gear in.... and the excuse was , we assumed that no one was one it since there wasn't a top rope. Presumtious.

Edited by Chas (05/29/09 08:43 PM)

#45140 - 05/29/09 09:09 PM Re: Time for e climbing ethics debate [Re: Chas]
RangerRob Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Ulster County, NY
Chas...right ethically....bad speller. Presumptuous I believe! Who says scientists are smart, eh?

#45141 - 05/29/09 09:15 PM Re: Time for e climbing ethics debate [Re: RangerRob]
chip Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Sittin' Pretty in Fat City
I wonder, did Smike and Chas go to the same school? Have they ever been seen together? My spelling is not great but I've not yet gotten that obvious, or so I think.

#45143 - 05/29/09 10:09 PM Re: Time for e climbing ethics debate [Re: chip]
Chas Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Flagstaff
Dude- this site needs to have a spell checker. And english was never my strong suite (and why did I say I left Japan.... because my english was deteriorating and my japanese sucked lso so I as afraid of being a man with no language..... I guess my english just never improved after that.

#45144 - 05/29/09 10:35 PM Re: Time for e climbing ethics debate [Re: Chas]
oenophore Online   confused
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: 212 land
this site needs to have a spell checker.

Most of us, I guess, have a word processor that includes a spell/grammar checker. I use Word to vet my posts. The problem is that the same bug previously pointed out, namely truncation of text at punctuation marks of text copied and pasted from a webpage, also holds true for text cut and pasted from Word. So hyphens and single & double quotes and some other characters must be gone over, replacing them with keyboard characters.

#45145 - 05/29/09 11:54 PM Re: Time for e climbing ethics debate [Re: oenophore]
MarcC Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: oenophore
this site needs to have a spell checker.

Most of us, I guess, have a word processor that includes a spell/grammar checker. I use Word to vet my posts. The problem is that the same bug previously pointed out, namely truncation of text at punctuation marks of text copied and pasted from a webpage, also holds true for text cut and pasted from Word.

You guys do realize that Firefox has a built-in spell checker, don't you? Also, if you install the Google toolbar in either Firefox or IE, you get the Google spell checker as part of it. There are also alternative add-ons for FF.

There's no reason to use Word or any other word processor.

#45146 - 05/30/09 12:31 AM Re: Time for e climbing ethics debate [Re: MarcC]
Rickster Online   content
old hand

Loc: Orange Cty, NY
LarE, funny you mention Project X. On the day of the first ascent, the crew arrived early in the morning only to find all their gear had been stripped from the route over night. The gear was found neatly piled at the base of the route. After some expected angry theorizing as to the identity of the perp(s), the guys went to work and eventually finished the route. Purposely leaving gear in place was never a common practice but it happened occasionally. Traditionally, gear left for any reason was considered booty and many regulars have prided themselves on being able to extricate most pieces left in place for whatever the reason, regardless of where it was left or by whom. RC

#45148 - 05/30/09 04:38 AM Re: Time for e climbing ethics debate [Re: Dillbag]
empicard Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: LI, NY
who gives a SHIT if its a photoshoot?

Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.

Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12 13 >

Moderator:  webmaster 
Sponsored