Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 13 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#45405 - 06/08/09 07:39 PM local issues out of control
Hater Offline
stranger

Where to start...

The Deli!
If it isn't bad enough that they treat the local climbing community horribly. They charge outrageous prices while doing it. I think what has really put me over the top is the minimum purchase amount for credit card use. This is not allowed according to the better business bureau. This link tells you how to complain to the credit card companies about a local merchant doing this. NY better business bureau. How can they say their water is not drinkable, not even to fill up a dog bowl. Then use that same water to make the coffee with? Doesn't seem right to me.

Overlook Parking
Mohonk Preserve ranger are now giving Gardiner Town parking tickets for parking in the overlook.

Nears Access
been covered way to much in these threads.

Trapps Closure
I understand for the birds, but rockfall... come on. Does this mean by default that the rest of the cliff that is open is safe to climb on.

I'm sure there's more...

#45407 - 06/08/09 07:57 PM Re: local issues out of control [Re: Hater]
Dillbag Offline
old hand

Loc: "The Town"
For that first one... there are alternatives to "The Deli"

Might I suggest the Market in Gardiner, not only do they make some killer sandwiches but they also have BEER! (yes the beer is slightly overpriced but they've got it)

It amazes me that so many people complain about "The Deli" but continue to go there... If you don't like it show it by NOT giving them business!

#45408 - 06/08/09 07:57 PM Re: local issues out of control [Re: Hater]
Smike Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: in your backyard
I hear if you save and collect the love notes from the overlook that start with 'Welcome to Shawagunks..30 minute parking' and hand them in to the Preserve you get a refund on your yearly membership for the amount of money spent on enforcing laws on non Mohonk property by Mohonk employees

#45409 - 06/08/09 07:58 PM Re: local issues out of control [Re: Smike]
Dillbag Offline
old hand

Loc: "The Town"
Smike, you got bitten by the apostrophe bug!

#45411 - 06/08/09 08:05 PM Re: local issues out of control [Re: Dillbag]
quanto_the_mad Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: brooklyn
There's no such thing as the Market in Gardiner. There's nothing wothwhile anywhere outside New Platz. Yep, just get off on exit 18, stick with Main St, and forget you ever heard of anything like the Market, because no such place exists.

And even if such a place did exist, it'd be full of killer rabid wolverines so it's best just to avoid it.

#45414 - 06/08/09 08:16 PM Re: local issues out of control [Re: quanto_the_mad]
chip Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Sittin' Pretty in Fat City
Although I've been by it, I can't remember exactly where The Market is. Can you let us know the address or intersection?

#45418 - 06/08/09 08:33 PM Re: local issues out of control [Re: chip]
RangerRob Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Ulster County, NY
route 44/55 right in the hamlet of Gardiner. South side of the road across from the post office. The other place to get breakfast is the deli in the little plaza in New Paltz where route 32 goes south. Good egg sandwiches, and organic chocolate milk! $3.90 here and $5.40 at the Mountain Deli for the same exact meal. No brainer.

#45420 - 06/08/09 08:37 PM Re: local issues out of control [Re: Hater]
alicex4 Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Add to that an overzealous West Trapps parking lot attendant who wanted people to park closer than common sense or your car door would say was smart. I guess it's a "NO FAT CHICKS" policy at the lot now. The whole scene made for some interesting spectacle.

#45424 - 06/08/09 09:04 PM Re: local issues out of control [Re: alicex4]
TerrieM Offline
addict

Loc: Gunks in Summer, Southwest in ...
YEAH! And they added a trash bin to Camp Slime!!!! Not only that, but I scored a free half bottle of propane that someone left beside it when they left town.

The Gunks SUCK!

#45426 - 06/08/09 09:07 PM Re: local issues out of control [Re: TerrieM]
Hater Offline
stranger

The Gunks don't suck... yet.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  webmaster 
Sponsored