Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 12 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#46451 - 07/03/09 09:22 PM Re: Sarah Palin, The Wicked Witch Is Dead? [Re: acdnyc]
MarcC Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: acdnyc
keep talking Sarah, just keep talking...she can only help flush the republican party down the toilet. just keep talking.

Palin stepping down at the end of the month.

From CNN:
Quote:
A Republican source close to her political team told CNN's John King that it was a "calculation" she made that "it was time to move on." The governor's "book deal and other issues" were "causing a lot of friction" in her home state, the source said, adding that he believes she is "mapping out a path to 2012."

Quote:
"Either Sarah Palin is leaving the people of Alaska high and dry to pursue her long shot national political ambitions or she simply can't handle the job now that her popularity has dimmed and oil revenues are down," DNC spokesman Brad Woodhouse said.

"Either way, her decision to abandon her post and the people of Alaska who elected her continues a pattern of bizarre behavior that more than anything else may explain the decision she made today."

Quote:
Republican strategist and CNN contributor Ed Rollins said, to a certain extent, Palin's announcement makes her look "terribly inept."

"I think everyone is shocked by this, and I think to a certain extent everyone is going to assume there's another story. You don't just quit with a year and a half to go. You certainly don't do this as a stepping stone to run for president. You finish the job that you're in, and obviously she's not doing that," he said.

"I think people are going to be very suspicious because of the timing. You don't quit on the Friday of a three-day holiday. If you are going to do this, you think it through, you give a good speech," Rollins said.

From various other sources:
Quote:
A local NBC affiliate reports that "there was no immediate word as to why she will resign, though speculation has been rampant that the former vice presidential candidate is gearing up for a run at the 2012 Republican presidential nomination."

Quote:
Conservative columnist Charles Krauthammer said on Fox News yesterday that Palin "is not a serious candidate for the presidency." "You cannot sustain a campaign of platitudes and clich

#46452 - 07/03/09 09:26 PM Re: Sarah Palin, The Wicked Witch Is Dead? [Re: MarcC]
MarcC Offline
Carpal Tunnel

F#cking copy/paste bug.....

Quote:
...Charles Krauthammer said on Fox News yesterday that Palin "is not a serious candidate for the presidency." "You cannot sustain a campaign of platitudes and cliches over a year and a half if you're running for the presidency," he said.

Quote:
Calling into Fox News after the announcement, Bill Kristol said, "If I had to guess, we just saw the opening statement of the 2012 campaign."

Quote:
MSNBC's Andrea Mitchell reports: "Talking to people who are very close to Sarah Palin, I have been told that she has told her supporters that she is out of politics, period. She is fed up with politics. She doesn't like her life. She feels like she has to raise her family. She's sick of the commute from Wasilla to the capital and she really does not want to run for higher office. This is not the case where she is stepping down in order to figure the way for a presidential run. In fact, she has told some of her biggest backers in the national Republican Party that they are free to choose other candidates for 2012."

#46453 - 07/03/09 09:37 PM Re: Sarah Palin, The Wicked Witch Is Dead? [Re: MarcC]
Daniel Offline
veteran

If Mitchell is right (and that's a very qualified "if"), what would that say about her competency for the VP position in 2008? She went on about those dangerous Russians just over the Alaska border, yet the political and media spotlight is too much for her? How was she supposed to handle Putin if she can't handle MSNBC?

Maybe she didn't realize how tough being in the national area was going to be until she was in it. But still, I think it only shows how supremely unqualified she was to be the backup for McCain.

#46454 - 07/03/09 09:49 PM Re: Sarah Palin, The Wicked Witch Is Dead? [Re: MarcC]
oenophore Online   confused
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: 212 land
Pricasso Paints Sarah Palin Naked

I know it looks politically biased and almost sexist to be posting two pictures of Sarah Palin nude, but nobody seems to have painted Joe Biden nude, so I haven't posted his pictures.

The first painter to depict the oil loving, polar bear hating VP nominee naked was the Chicago painter Bruce Elliott. The nude Sarah Palin painting below is done by the penis wielding Australian based artist Tim Patch, better known as Pricasso because of the tool he uses to paint with. It shows the American vice president hopeful completely naked, squatting on the head of a moose, with a gun between her legs.

Edited by oenophore (07/03/09 09:51 PM)

#46457 - 07/03/09 10:05 PM Re: Sarah Palin, The Wicked Witch Is Dead? [Re: oenophore]
MarcC Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  webmaster 
Sponsored