Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#46885 - 07/22/09 02:25 AM Thanksgiving Fat Ass?
korona Offline
journeyman

Loc: NoVA
Anyone interested in a Thanksgiving Fat Ass? I'll be in town to see the parents and was hoping to 20-30 miles in before the feast.

--Eric

#46980 - 07/23/09 10:11 PM Re: Thanksgiving Fat Ass? [Re: korona]
The Lisa Offline
addict

Loc: Da Bronx
Hi Eric, how goes the running/racing this year?
Funny how the words 'Thanksgiving' and Fat Ass go together smile
I will not be up that way on the holiday but you could check out The Shawangunk Running Company in New Paltz. They do group runs and no doubt there will be people out running on Turkey Day.

Look out for info on the Wagathon, which should happen towards the end of October.

#47011 - 07/24/09 03:41 PM Re: Thanksgiving Fat Ass? [Re: The Lisa]
korona Offline
journeyman

Loc: NoVA
Hi Lisa,

The running has taken a bit of a hit -- we have a 5 month old. I'm only now just getting back into it. I have GEER in September and am shooting for Massanuten in the spring (with a few 50s mixed in as warm ups). How is your running going?

Thank you for the Shawangunk Running Co link. And I'll keep my eyes open for the Wagathon--will try to make it up if I can.

#47135 - 07/28/09 03:39 PM Re: Thanksgiving Fat Ass? [Re: korona]
The Lisa Offline
addict

Loc: Da Bronx
Congrats on the new baby, Eric. You will be out there with the jogging stroller soon enough smile

GEER is a great race so have fun there. MMT is a tough race - a bunch of my friends did it this year - but getting into it is even tougher. Sign up the very second registration opens.
I have been racing less this year but am training for Leadville 100 next month. Running at altitude will be interesting.

Hope to see you at the Wagathon - it is such a fun day out.

#47330 - 08/06/09 05:03 PM Re: Thanksgiving Fat Ass? [Re: korona]
jayruns Offline
stranger

Loc: New Paltz, NY
eric,

there is a traditional group run thanksgiving morning on roads from new paltz to gardiner on a rather meandering route...it goes about 12-14 miles, finishes at a pub in gardiner, though i can't remember which one at this point.

not sure whether wag will be october, november, or december this year...we're all waiting eagerly for an announcement on the date.

--jay

Moderator:  webmaster 
Sponsored