Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 15 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#47825 - 09/08/09 10:30 AM Re: What's your pledge? [Re: MarcC]
oenophore Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: 212 land
I think (but am not sure) that it's a bit much to think all Repubs are stupid or delirious. Rather I see this as all-out partisan warfare on the part of the GOP to attack this Dem President and Congress as viciously as they can, on each and every issue, using whatever tools are at their disposal. If they can whip the public into a paranoid frenzy, they'll do it. Hey, it worked for the War on Terrorism! So I expect it to continue for the next 3 years unabated.

You do understand that this shows us that the right is even crazier than we thought, right?

Still, it's amazing how much misinformation is out there.

#47826 - 09/08/09 01:00 PM Re: What's your pledge? [Re: MarcC]
alicex4 Offline
Carpal Tunnel

"You folks on the right, are you actually proud of yourselves for being this insane and ignorant? That your hatred of the president being black and a democrat squarely puts you in the position of being anti-education?"

So I guess this is how misinformation gets a life. You keep repeating the charge, despite my many denials, that the reason I disagree with (you say hate) the President is because he is black. That has nothing to do with it. It's his ideas I disagree with, not his skin color. How much clearer can I be on that point so you do not misrepresent it anymore?

#47832 - 09/08/09 10:34 PM Re: What's your pledge? [Re: alicex4]
mworking Offline
old hand

Your posts suggest we should consider you ignorant or worse.

Only the deeply predjudiced admit to hating Obama partly if not solely because he is black. Of course I realize that theere are plenty of reasons for the right not to agree whith Obama. Still
I would not find it surprising if the basis of your feelings were because he is black, despite what you write.

#47833 - 09/08/09 10:39 PM Re: What's your pledge? [Re: mworking]
pedestrian Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: a heavily fortified bunker!
That's some seriously lame-o personal invective, mworking. Why don't you go smoke a bowl?

#47836 - 09/08/09 11:12 PM Re: What's your pledge? [Re: mworking]
oenophore Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: 212 land
Still I would not find it surprising if the basis of your feelings were because he is black, despite what you write.

So much for the benefit of the doubt. frown

#47840 - 09/09/09 12:55 AM Re: What's your pledge? [Re: mworking]
AOR Offline
enthusiast

Originally Posted By: mworking
Your posts suggest we should consider you ignorant or worse.

Only the deeply predjudiced admit to hating Obama partly if not solely because he is black. Of course I realize that theere are plenty of reasons for the right not to agree whith Obama. Still
I would not find it surprising if the basis of your feelings were because he is black, despite what you write.

While the majority of your posts are obviously left slanted, I usually find them thought provoking, interesting and often very well written.

And, I while I normally don't become involved in political bantering here, this post has certainly erased any pre-conceived respect I had for you and your musings in the past.

Since reading this absolutely horrid drivel, I have gained more respect and admiration for Alice and what she's stood for on this forum than anyone on the left or right could ever write here.

You just couldn't help yourself and keep your opinion based solely on the issue(s) she raised, so you sunk to a new low.

You sir are no better than the post you wrote.

#47844 - 09/09/09 05:20 AM Re: What's your pledge? [Re: alicex4]
MarcC Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: alicex4
"You folks on the right, are you actually proud of yourselves for being this insane and ignorant? That your hatred of the president being black and a democrat squarely puts you in the position of being anti-education?"

So I guess this is how misinformation gets a life. You keep repeating the charge, despite my many denials, that the reason I disagree with (you say hate) the President is because he is black. That has nothing to do with it. It's his ideas I disagree with, not his skin color. How much clearer can I be on that point so you do not misrepresent it anymore?

Yet you keep posting things that originated from racist, vile assholes like Beck, Malkin, Hannity, Drudge, Kristol, and Limbo. And you've never repudiated them. Either you agree with them or you're unquestioningly ignorant. Either way it's a bullshit response on your part.

#47847 - 09/09/09 11:57 AM Re: What's your pledge? [Re: MarcC]
alicex4 Offline
Carpal Tunnel

This one's for you Marc, Paglia's nailed it IMO.
Too late for Obama to turn it around?

http://www.salon.com/opinion/paglia/2009/09/09/healthcare/

#47850 - 09/09/09 04:15 PM Re: What's your pledge? [Re: alicex4]
mworking Offline
old hand

Nailed it? She didn't say anything.

"But the truly transformative political energy is coming from talk radio and the Web -- both of which Democrat-sponsored proposals have threatened to stifle, in defiance of freedom of speech guarantees in the Bill of Rights."

????

"I rarely watch TV anymore except for cooking shows, history and science documentaries, old movies and football. Hence I was blissfully free from the retching overkill that followed the deaths of Michael Jackson and Ted Kennedy"

Kennedy's death as I saw it was not overkill. Besides Whether or not you liked him he was a very influential and important legislator.

On the other hand, she must have been dead if she didn't experience the Jackson overkill, which hasn't even completely ended yet. What did he do or try to do for our country? Sure he was of great importance in the entertainment areas, but he didn't deserve he moment of silence he got in congrees.

" -- I never saw a single minute of any of it. It was on talk radio, which I have resumed monitoring around the clock because of the healthcare fiasco, that I heard the passionate voices of callers coming directly from the town hall meetings. Hence I was alerted to the depth and intensity of national sentiment long before others who were simply watching staged, manipulated TV shows."

???? she's full of herself and happy to help you with the same.

Again she really said nothing but what she would like you to belive followed by the usual general attack.

#47852 - 09/09/09 05:20 PM Re: What's your pledge? [Re: mworking]
pedestrian Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: a heavily fortified bunker!
Normally I respect Paglia's views, but she lost me at that "threatened to stifle" comment

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  webmaster 
Sponsored