Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (oenophore), 11 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#50150 - 12/22/09 08:42 PM Anyone driven through Stony Clove lately?
Leemouse2 Offline
addict

Loc: Rosendale, NY
Thinking about trying to get out tomorrow if there's ice to be had. Anyone know how the ice is in Stony Clove? It's been nice and cold for several weeks so I'm assuming that something may be in.

#50160 - 12/23/09 04:17 AM Re: Anyone driven through Stony Clove lately? [Re: Leemouse2]
RangerRob Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Ulster County, NY
Was there earlier in the week, (monday I think??) Plenty of ice to be had. It is a little thinner than typical late December conditions, but you can sink good 16 cm screws on most standard routes there.

#50211 - 12/31/09 02:56 PM Re: Anyone driven through Stony Clove lately? [Re: RangerRob]
Leemouse2 Offline
addict

Loc: Rosendale, NY
So, I did drive through Stoney Clove on Tuesday, with the original intention of climbing there. However, the wind was WICKED and with the temps in the low teens we were looking at 20 below with windchill. So we opted for the ampitheater instead. It was clear that all the ice had come down in the previous couple of days but there was enough new ice to get in quite a few routes. The Blue Room had several detached (very thin) pillars but plenty of places with enough ice to climb.

See you guys out there. Trying to get a lot more ice in this winter, so if you're looking for a weekday partner drop me a line, I work from home a couple of days a week and should have a pretty flexible schedule on those days.

#50215 - 01/02/10 06:52 PM Re: Anyone driven through Stony Clove lately? [Re: Leemouse2]
KathyS Offline

Loc: NY, USA
My partner and I climbed Little Black Dike, Entertainer, Ice Capades and what I think was the Gurgler on 1/1/10. The Curtain had a party or two on it. There was also a line to the left of the Gurgler that looked good to go, but we ran out of suds to go after it. Didn't go far enough to the right to check out Ron's Gully.

Kathy

#50216 - 01/03/10 02:53 AM Re: Anyone driven through Stony Clove lately? [Re: KathyS]
chip Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Sittin' Pretty in Fat City
Sounds like a good day!

Moderator:  webmaster 
Sponsored