Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (oenophore), 9 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 17 of 19 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 >
Topic Options
#50169 - 12/23/09 05:30 PM Re: Guantanamo transfer [Re: AOR]
Steve Clemons Offline
stranger

Dear AOR - Hope you are having a good holiday. You assert that I have the most left wing site on the net, and that just isn't supported by the facts. I had Richard Perle of all people featured on my site yesterday along with Walter Mead, Stephen Krasner, and others. I am a progressive national security realist whose closest political anchor in the last Congress was Senator Chuck Hagel. I have helped revitalize "realism" as a key part of national security debates in Washington -- which to my knowledge is not a part of the far left political environment. Those who want to read my views, here is my latest:
http://the-american-interest.com/article.cfm?piece=731

#50171 - 12/23/09 06:24 PM Re: Guantanamo transfer [Re: Steve Clemons]
talus Offline
veteran

Steve is a Fake

#50176 - 12/24/09 12:47 PM Re: Guantanamo transfer [Re: talus]
Steve Clemons Offline
stranger

Nice photos Talus -- I am not a fake. I saw AOR's comment through Google alerts and decided to respond. My blog is www.TheWashingtonNote.com and encourage folks to take a browse and look at others in the blogosphere. AOR, who I am sure meant no real harm, cited my blog as the most left leaning in the business. It just isn't true. I'm a national security realist, not a pacifist -- used to work for Senator Bingaman in the Senate and was the first Executive Director of the Nixon Center in DC. I do have progressive views in some arenas -- but when my generally centrist credentials are challenged this way, I'll respond. So reasonable folks who want to be informed can check out the blog themselves.
Happy holidays to all of you. best, steve clemons

#50179 - 12/24/09 02:56 PM Re: Guantanamo transfer [Re: Steve Clemons]
SethG Offline
old hand

Loc: NYC
I generally avoid political threads on non-political web forums, but I am amazed to see Steve Clemons here! I'm a big fan, Steve, keep up the good work.

Now I'd like to know if he climbs....

#50180 - 12/24/09 03:41 PM Re: Guantanamo transfer [Re: Steve Clemons]
AOR Offline
enthusiast

Hi Steve, welcome to gunks.com! While your blog and writings may not be "the" most left leaning in nature, they certainly do head that way. But, I'll certainly give you that your political interactions are somewhat centrist in nature. And, to be honest, I don't mind reading from centrist viewpoints, as long as they're not given while sitting on the fencepost. So, while I'm formulating a response to my climbing compadres from across the aisle on our other issues, I'll also keep an eye on your blogs now that it's been made a part of the fabric of gunks.com. However, I'd like to give you one piece of stern advice and a warning…whatever you do, do not allow yourself to become embroiled in ANY mountaineering debates and/or arguments. If you think disputes in Washington can cause battles, you have no idea what wars can start when squabbles arise over things from the world's rock and ice climbing arenas! (just joking).

Merry Christmas to you and yours…

AOR

#50181 - 12/24/09 05:48 PM Re: Guantanamo transfer [Re: AOR]
oenophore Online   confused
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: 212 land
Hey guys, if you seek a more-left-than-thou website, check out Noam Chomsky's.

#50187 - 12/28/09 06:28 PM Re: Guantanamo transfer [Re: Steve Clemons]
talus Offline
veteran

Thank you Steve! I'm still skeptical about who you say you are and no I'm not from Missouri but I believe in their motto. So can you take a photo of yourself holding up a gunks.com sign. if you're not comfortable posting it on here email the photo to me: johnoknerphotography@gmail.com

#50190 - 12/29/09 05:22 PM Re: Guantanamo transfer [Re: mworking]
alicex4 Offline
Carpal Tunnel

What about this screw up, "Two al Qaeda Leaders Behind Northwest Flight 253 Terror Plot Were Released by U.S."

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/northwest-flight-253-al-qaeda-leaders-terror-plot/story?id=9434065

I guess these 2 shouldn't have gotten out of Gitmo.

#50191 - 12/29/09 05:56 PM Re: Guantanamo transfer [Re: alicex4]
mworking Offline
old hand

They should have had a fair and public trial, and we should have acted upom the outcome regardless of who they were. Nothing is perfect though. This case is might just be evidnence that even without trials some people that should not be freed will be.

#50192 - 12/29/09 06:22 PM Re: Guantanamo transfer [Re: mworking]
alicex4 Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Do you advocate a trial for the latest knicker bomber or would you execute him for terror crimes? I don't advocate a trial for a non-citizen terrorist who had 253 witnesses to his crime.

Page 17 of 19 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 >

Moderator:  webmaster 
Sponsored