Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (oenophore), 9 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#50333 - 01/24/10 04:48 AM Thunderbolt
cfrac Offline
addict

Looking at the snow around here we almost pulled the plug on the drive up to Mass but decided to see what we could do with whatever snow remained. The latest report on the 19th had the Thunderbolt as surviving with rocks starting to poke through. When we pulled into the parking area we were pleasantly surprised to find good coverage and there were only a few rocks barely coming through. By the time we had passed the Big Bend we found a few remaining powder stashes! What a difference a couple of thousand feet makes! It was a great day out with several other people on the trail. I have entered the race on Feb 20th in the telemark division so that was some added incentive to inspect the course. I'll be wearing my helmet for sure!
Thunderbolt Ski Video Here
We got a pretty late start and the soft snow had turned to crust, so if you go on a warm day start well before noon!

Edited by cfrac (01/24/10 04:49 AM)

#50334 - 01/24/10 12:36 PM Re: Thunderbolt [Re: cfrac]
Rickster Offline
old hand

Loc: Orange Cty, NY
Thanks Chris, we were wondering how the Bolt was fairing. Unfortunately, this coming rain is going to really screw with the snow pack. Looks like Barney is having lots of fun, now he needs a Fred as well to share his adventures with. RC

#50335 - 01/24/10 08:44 PM Re: Thunderbolt [Re: Rickster]
chip Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Sittin' Pretty in Fat City
Another sweet vid! Thanks.

Moderator:  webmaster 
Sponsored