Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (oenophore), 11 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 10 of 10 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10
Topic Options
#56138 - 11/30/10 10:50 PM Re: What's on the ticklist this winter people? [Re: pitfall]
pitfall Offline
old hand

Loc: Albany
As for you Smikey- it's Huntah, not hon-ter. What is that, some Pennsyltucky shit?

#56142 - 12/01/10 12:48 PM Re: What's on the ticklist this winter people? [Re: pitfall]
RangerRob Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Ulster County, NY
True Story....I was leading the right facing corner at Moores a bunch of years ago. I was inthe crux curtain and it was thin. I was vaguely aware that there were cars stopping on the bridge and people saying things about how crazy we were. The next thing I know I hear a very obnoxious drunken male voice coming from a car window shout "I hope you fucking FALL and DIE!!!!". Tires screeched and the engine raced and they were gone. The voice was definitely a grown man, not a teenager or young adult.

I wasn't exactly mad or upset, but the oddness of it really made me lose concentration and I almost had to hang on a screw just to bring myself back to what I was doing. I remember topping out with some good moss sticks and mumbling to myself...."oh yeah..well I hope you eat a lot of greasy potato chips watching Nascar and have a massive coronary in your livingroom"

RR

Seriously though, who does that?

#56144 - 12/01/10 05:17 PM Re: What's on the ticklist this winter people? [Re: RangerRob]
chip Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Sittin' Pretty in Fat City
RR, maybe it was that insurance salesman you blew off about the term life policy he was trying to sell you. Maybe.

#56151 - 12/02/10 04:20 PM Re: What's on the ticklist this winter people? [Re: RangerRob]
Welle Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Western Slope
I've seen that type of hostility from non-climbers on the interwebs. Whenever you see a news report of a climbing accident in conventional media, there is often some sort of a negative remark similar to the one you describe. Climbing is seen by some as a useless activity costing tax-payers money and loved ones an emotional distress.

#56152 - 12/02/10 05:28 PM Re: What's on the ticklist this winter people? [Re: Welle]
Aya Offline
old hand

Loc: Climbing somewhere
he was probably just pissed that you were the reason he was backed up in traffic trying to get home... the fact that you were climbing ice was probably irrelevant?

#56153 - 12/02/10 05:30 PM Re: What's on the ticklist this winter people? [Re: Welle]
Mike Rawdon Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Poughkeepsie
Originally Posted By: Welle
I've seen that type of hostility from non-climbers on the interwebs. Whenever you see a news report of a climbing accident in conventional media, there is often some sort of a negative remark similar to the one you describe. Climbing is seen by some as a useless activity costing tax-payers money and loved ones an emotional distress.

I don't really think the foul-mouthed motorist who yelled at Rob was motivated by fiscal responsibility. Nor, I suspect, was he a distraught relative of Rob's.

I suspect he was merely a beered-up a$$hole of sub-average intelligence who didn't like seeing that someone enjoys a physical aactivity that he is not capable of.

#56154 - 12/02/10 08:27 PM Re: What's on the ticklist this winter people? [Re: Mike Rawdon]
Smike Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: in your backyard
I bet it was two things,

A = The guy was drunk (most likely on heinekens and Yagger bombs)
B = He was from 'Longailend' NY

Most likly this is the guy....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JMOh-cul6M

#56155 - 12/02/10 09:21 PM Re: What's on the ticklist this winter people? [Re: Smike]
oenophore Online   confused
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: 212 land
That's a pretty funny monologue you posted, Smike. It seems though that this thread morphed from ticklist to tickedofflist.

#56156 - 12/02/10 09:56 PM Re: What's on the ticklist this winter people? [Re: oenophore]
smileygirl Offline

I joined gunks.com because I wanted to learn more about climbing, but now I love it more for these fun posts to brighten my day! Loved it. Couldn't stop laughing. hahaha!

#56157 - 12/03/10 12:54 AM Re: What's on the ticklist this winter people? [Re: smileygirl]
RangerRob Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Ulster County, NY
Man I'm so glad I got off the island.

Page 10 of 10 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10

Moderator:  webmaster 
Sponsored