Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 3 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#5309 - 08/13/02 04:13 PM Re: 2002 Gunks.com SOS? [Re: crackers]
MurphysLaw Offline
gumby

Loc: Hudson Valley, NY
I like it!

Plus, ya save the entrance/registration fee, which can then be 'reinvested back into the community'* in the form of jobs, services, etc.
(*well, at least for employees of the Otter or Bacchus, anyway )

#5310 - 08/13/02 04:23 PM Re: 2002 Gunks.com SOS? [Re: MurphysLaw]
crackers Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: pdx
shall we wait till its a little cooler? Maybe the third weekend in September or something? Or better yet, a Friday so we have everything to ourselves?

#5311 - 08/13/02 04:52 PM Re: 2002 Gunks.com SOS? [Re: crackers]
MurphysLaw Offline
gumby

I'm down with that.
A Friday would be best, so we can bask in the glow of our SOS accomplishment at Happy Hour.

#5312 - 08/13/02 05:33 PM Re: 2002 Gunks.com SOS? [Re: MurphysLaw]
GeeVee Offline
Auto Reply

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
I'm volunteering Phil to design the t-shirts (after all, what's a race without t-shirts). Having witnessed a couple of those sexy little numbers he has in his climbing collection (you've got to love the way his nipples poke through the fabric - so enticing), I'm sure that he'll be able to get some sweat shop in Newburgh to crank out a batch of cheap knock-offs of one of his pieces. Oh yeah, step aside Vivienne Westwood

GV

#5313 - 08/13/02 06:44 PM Re: 2002 Gunks.com SOS? [Re: GeeVee]
MurphysLaw Offline
gumby

Yeah, but how do you ever replicate that aged/distressed look that Phil's climbing shirts have? I mean, that's like 10, 15, 20 years or more invested in each shirt.

Not sure you could ever accurately replicate one of his 'creations'
(and the world is likely a better place for it )

#5314 - 08/19/02 01:27 PM Re: 2002 Gunks.com SOS? [Re: MurphysLaw]
Leemouse2 Offline
addict

Loc: Rosendale, NY
Not that it's technically allowed, but I used to doa workout where I would Bike from the parking lot at Petersburg to the top of Minnewaska, and out to Lake Awosting. I'd carry running shorts and shoes and a jogbra, plus a bathing suit, in a backpack. Once I hit Awoting, I'd ride a mile around the the far side and dump my running stuff in the bushes, then ride back to the beack side, ditch the bike, and swim across. Pick up dry running clothes, and then run around the lake 1 and a half times back to the bike, bike back to the car. About 11 miles on the bike, 5 miles running, half to one mile swim. Fun cause you can do it yourself (also good with friends). We took the dog once or twice too! The one time we got yelled at for swimming outside the boundaries of the lake they said it was OK for the dog to bein the water but not for us. . .

#5315 - 08/19/02 08:11 PM Re: 2002 Gunks.com SOS / Swim @ Minne [Re: Leemouse2]
MurphysLaw Offline
gumby

Thanks (Hens)Lee - sounds pretty cool.

Hey - I found a way for anybody who would like to be able to do legal "open water" (I use quotations due to the fact that I believe it is still buoyed off) swimming at Lake Minnewaska to get registered and 'certified' to do so. Here is some contact info for those interested:

For further information swimmers can email:minnewaskaswimmers@yahoo.com or call (845)255-7671.

I like your version better. Just obey the 11th Commandment -
"Thou shalt not get caught"
(ps - it's OK for the dog because he/she/it can't sue them if something goes wrong. )

#5316 - 09/04/02 06:32 PM Re: Trail Races [Re: buzzardboy]
chazman Offline
old hand

Did any of you really look at the SOS course? It's 30 miles of biking, 18 miles of running and 2.1 miles of swimming... who in their right mind would even consider entering this without having done at least a 1/2 ironman distance race. I can totally see why they would not want eco-challange wanna-be's signing on because it looks cool. This is a hard core race !

#5317 - 04/19/03 11:24 PM Re: Trail Races [Re: buzzardboy]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I know of a race in NY in May. Its the balane bar adventure sprint race. fyi, type XXLATE in front of your team name and they'll waive the late fee. its balancebaradventure.com/sprints is anyone here already competing? I son't have a team yet so if you need a teammate, I'm in shape and interested....

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  webmaster 
Sponsored