Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 9 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 3 of 36 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 35 36 >
Topic Options
#53677 - 08/05/10 11:13 PM Re: MohonkPreserveNeighborsAssociation [Re: quanto_the_mad]
Advocacy group Offline
addict

Loc: New Paltz,Marbletown,Gardiner,...
QTM,

If You bothered to read the above articles you would not be so confused as to what I was quoting. You should read them as there is valuable info contained within. Thanks

The Mohonk Preserve Neighbors Association
The MPNA is an advocacy group for adjacent neighbors of the Mohonk Preserve. In the event of a dispute with the Mohonk Preserve, we can offer assistance in obtaining experts in the following areas; Surveying, Lawyers, Title, expert witnesses, ancient document research, and Maps.

#53678 - 08/06/10 01:11 AM Re: MohonkPreserveNeighborsAssociation [Re: Advocacy group]
Advocacy group Offline
addict

Webmaster,

This thread has been modified and posts deleted, what happened?
The MPNA is an advocacy group for adjacent neighbors of the Mohonk Preserve. In the event of a dispute with the Mohonk Preserve, we can offer assistance in obtaining experts in the following areas; Surveying, Lawyers, Title, expert witnesses, ancient document research, and Maps.

#53679 - 08/06/10 02:40 AM Re: MohonkPreserveNeighborsAssociation [Re: Advocacy group]
webmaster Offline

veteran

Loc: New Paltz (Kerhonkson, actuall...
I've removed a bunch of posts that looked extraneous or mis-informed. I'd like to see the ALL the postings throughout the forum) stay on topic and civil, and this just happened to be the post at the top of the heap. So this is the first to get this "treatment".

Might I suggest AG that in making postings of your "evidence" in these posts, perhaps it would make better reading to simply excerpt pertinent sections and then post a link to the remaining article. This would make for easier reading, and a more concise discussion of the facts.

#53680 - 08/06/10 03:04 AM Re: MohonkPreserveNeighborsAssociation [Re: webmaster]
Advocacy group Offline
addict

Evan,

Thank you for the clarification. It is the position of The Mohonk Preserve Neighbors Association to show all records and not edit or otherwise show an incomplete picture. We will link to our Facebook page and Wikipedia page when they are up and stable and in the interim we will try to post items that are easier to read to keep the discussion more concise. Thank you for your input.

The Mohonk Preserve Neighbors Association

#53681 - 08/06/10 06:39 AM Re: MohonkPreserveNeighborsAssociation [Re: webmaster]
MarcC Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: webmaster
I've removed a bunch of posts that looked extraneous or mis-informed. I'd like to see the ALL the postings throughout the forum) stay on topic and civil, and this just happened to be the post at the top of the heap. So this is the first to get this "treatment".

Coincidentally, many of the removed ones were critical of the MPNA. So by deciding what stays and what gets deleted, Evan is also setting the direction for the "discussion", which doesn't seem to include much dissent. Lovely. Meanwhile the site is basically neglected and longstanding bugs of major annoyance remain. Maybe Evan should give the MPNA it's own section of the forum where it's free from criticism. Oh. Right. He just did.

Time to go to the much more unfettered conversation at rc.com, where MPNA is being viewed with a far more critical eye.

#53682 - 08/06/10 12:01 PM Re: MohonkPreserveNeighborsAssociation [Re: MarcC]
Advocacy group Offline
addict

MarcC,

Why don't you comment on the content of the articles? It's understandable that one might not like what the courts have said, but none of the criticism has been based on the content of evidence that MPNA has supplied and will continue to supply. And for the record MPNA is not suggesting a "support us or else" strategy, we would like patrons of the Mohonk Preserve to understand how this organization is using some of your money. One's level of support after seeing all the facts is their own business, we will simply supply the facts.

#53683 - 08/06/10 02:16 PM Re: MohonkPreserveNeighborsAssociation [Re: Advocacy group]
adatesman Offline

Loc: Philadelphia
Hey AG- Your presence is requested over on RC.

#53684 - 08/06/10 03:02 PM Re: MohonkPreserveNeighborsAssociation [Re: Advocacy group]
MarcC Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: Advocacy group
MarcC,

Why don't you comment on the content of the articles?

I'll discuss it on a real forum where the moderation isn't manipulative. That's not here.

We await your answer to the last two posts in the 90 post rc.com thread..

BTW, as Aric pointed out on rc.com,Wikipedia doesn't think much of the legitimacy of the MPNA, either.

#53685 - 08/06/10 03:14 PM Re: MohonkPreserveNeighborsAssociation [Re: MarcC]
jakedatc Offline
enthusiast

Exactly, Asking for proof that this group is a valid entity should not have been moderated.

"I've removed a bunch of posts that looked extraneous or mis-informed"

shoulda deleted the whole fucking thread then since the OP is clearly a fraud

#53694 - 08/06/10 08:30 PM Re: MohonkPreserveNeighborsAssociation [Re: jakedatc]
webmaster Offline

veteran

Loc: New Paltz (Kerhonkson, actuall...
What's your evidence that this is a fraud? What would legitimize the group exactly? An accreditation from where?

I suggest to those of you that feel your posts were removed improperly consider responding to the content of what's been presented. If you want to start a new thread discussing the illegitimacy of the group, by all means. If you do, please make it factual.

I have not taken sides in this dispute. There's no reason or benefit to my doing so. My aim is to have a site where people can participate or take in intelligent discussion of issues.

What's disappointing to me is that those some of you resort to bashing the poster without presenting any type of argument as to why they're in the wrong. From where I'm sitting,
some of you would seek to vilify AG simply because it shines an unfavorable light on the Preserve. I'm not convinced that the Preserve (or any other entity wielding a lot of power) is beyond reproach. I'm certainly willing to give these people a hearing. Why aren't you?

When some of you espouse that these people just hate the Preserve, I hear a similar tune about terrorists being people who hate freedom. It's boorish, self-serving, and should clue you in to your own intolerance.

Page 3 of 36 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 35 36 >

Moderator:  webmaster 
Sponsored