Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 12 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#53459 - 07/24/10 01:51 AM Re: Know of a Dog Grooming Service? [Re: Julie]
pedestrian Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: a heavily fortified bunker!
Serious Rock Climber? No, you're thinking of Burt Bronson.

#53496 - 07/27/10 12:56 AM Re: Know of a Dog Grooming Service? [Re: Julie]
TerrieM Online   content
addict

Loc: Gunks in Summer, Southwest in ...
Teddy DID get his haircut at Planet Dog, and they did a great job. They even gave him his "bunny tail," and though they said he didn't like having his front paws done, and they couldn't get them as clean as they'd have liked - his paws looked perfectly groomed to me. They did a lot better job than Teddy's NYC groomer(at 2/3 the cost). AND he got a cute little bandana as a perk. But we had to remove that before going to the crag, cause no *serious* crag dog where's a pink bandana....

#53695 - 08/06/10 08:34 PM Re: Know of a Dog Grooming Service? [Re: TerrieM]
webmaster Offline

veteran

Loc: New Paltz (Kerhonkson, actuall...
I've used Shaggy Dog as well. Abu is a handful, but Lisa at Shaggy has always done a great job.

#53698 - 08/07/10 12:28 AM Re: Know of a Dog Grooming Service? [Re: webmaster]
TerrieM Online   content
addict

Loc: Gunks in Summer, Southwest in ...
Thanks for all the suggestions, everyone.

Next task - I will be looking for a person who might want to take care of Teddy while I am in Yosemite in September, for the Facelift

He will be needing care from some point on Sunday, 9/19 through mid-day or so on Tuesday, 9/28.

I am, of course, willing to pay and not looking for a freebie. But I am NOT looking for a professional dog-boarding kennel, or multiple dogs boarded at once type of deal. Teddy's pretty low-maintenance - well-behaved, easy-going, and does well with others(people and most dogs). But he is used to being pretty much on a one-to-one companion basis, and not "just a dog."

If anyone is interested, send me a note, and/or pass this post on to others.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Sponsored