Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 10 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#53938 - 08/17/10 03:55 PM Re: Rosendale Waterworks Issue [Re: chevy]
Advocacy group Offline
addict

Loc: New Paltz,Marbletown,Gardiner,...
Chevy,

What makes you say it's a hunting property?
The MPNA is an advocacy group for adjacent neighbors of the Mohonk Preserve. In the event of a dispute with the Mohonk Preserve, we can offer assistance in obtaining experts in the following areas; Surveying, Lawyers, Title, expert witnesses, ancient document research, and Maps.

#53939 - 08/17/10 04:27 PM Re: Rosendale Waterworks Issue [Re: Advocacy group]
RangerRob Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Ulster County, NY
Are you talking about the landlocked parcl off of Clearwater Road, out by table Rocks? Up on top of the ridge with the swamp in it? if that's the property we're talking about, then I am pretty sure it isn't landlocked. If I'm not mistaken, the owner there has a right of way through the gate at table Rocks, along Clearwater Road. I've personally seen him driving his jeep through there during hunting season. That property adjoins the house at the end of Hillcrest, no?
If these aren't the properties you are discussing, can you please provide either a sec/block/lot, or a coordinate, or a graphical description of where it is? It would just help if people here knew exactly where all of this is taking place.

Maybe part of the reason you're getting so much push back is because the majority of the people who post here know nothing about the preserve beyond the climbing areas. Perhaps you should volunteer to lead a hike to some of these places to really get people interested in what is going on. I for one would sign up. I suggest right after big game season closes. Still a nice time of year to get out and walk around, and you'll be able to see through the woods better without the leaves.

RR

#53940 - 08/17/10 04:39 PM Re: Rosendale Waterworks Issue [Re: RangerRob]
Advocacy group Offline
addict

RR,

The hike is a great idea, We'll talk it over with some of the landowners. The former William Ayers property with the swamp that the Mohonk Preserve just purchased is not the parcel in question. The SBL provided by Chevy is correct (Drake Parcel). Why is that road (Clearwater)gated off?
The MPNA is an advocacy group for adjacent neighbors of the Mohonk Preserve. In the event of a dispute with the Mohonk Preserve, we can offer assistance in obtaining experts in the following areas; Surveying, Lawyers, Title, expert witnesses, ancient document research, and Maps.

#53941 - 08/17/10 04:49 PM Re: Rosendale Waterworks Issue [Re: RangerRob]
quanto_the_mad Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: brooklyn
The minutes do say "Hillcrest Lane off Mountain Road".

Hillcrest Lane cuts through 4 parcels before it gets to Drake's parcel according to Google Maps. In addition to the parcels chevy listed, there's one more right off the road that's private.

Just speculation... could the access to Hillcrest Lane have been cut off by one of the other property owners to prevent access to the Waterworks parcel (which is landlocked otherwise).

#53942 - 08/17/10 04:57 PM Re: Rosendale Waterworks Issue [Re: quanto_the_mad]
Advocacy group Offline
addict

"Just speculation... could the access to Hillcrest Lane have been cut off by one of the other property owners to prevent access to the Waterworks parcel (which is landlocked otherwise)."

QTM,

No, landowners do not have that power. That usually comes from a municipality. The only way a private landowner canclose a road is to erect gates..........

MPNA

#53943 - 08/17/10 05:16 PM Re: Rosendale Waterworks Issue [Re: Advocacy group]
quanto_the_mad Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: brooklyn
Unless it's not an actual municipal road to begin with. I have no idea whether it is or not, it just doesn't appear on the parcel viewer which is why I'm wondering if it's an access issue with the road.

So my question (and I think of chevy) is how is the parcel landlocked? The waterworks parcel is off to the side, so how does that affect access if it doesn't interfere with Hillcrest Lane? Does the town supervisor know something about that road that we don't?

Edited by quanto_the_mad (08/17/10 05:19 PM)

#53944 - 08/17/10 05:44 PM Re: Rosendale Waterworks Issue [Re: quanto_the_mad]
chevy Offline
stranger

I just noticed two small parcels to the north of the waterworks that also share the same hillcrest lane right of way. Both are owned by Nathan Boxer sbl 07000200020060000000 and sbl 07000200020050000000. The properties i listed before and boxers all (seven parcels in all) share the same right of way, which is a dirt road going all the way to drakes.

#53945 - 08/17/10 05:46 PM Re: Rosendale Waterworks Issue [Re: chevy]
Advocacy group Offline
addict

Hey Chevy,

Nice work! Now what's the name of that road?

MPNA

#53946 - 08/17/10 07:16 PM Re: Rosendale Waterworks Issue [Re: Advocacy group]
chevy Offline
stranger

as stated before; hillcrest lane is the right of way shared by seven parcels. it is a dirt road and appears to run along the property line of seven properties. Whats your point? I think we (me and others here) are in agreement that the waterworks sale shouldn't affect anyones right of way. I would like to know how the waterworks property grew in size (and who was paying taxes on land they didn't own) and it doesn't appear the sale price went up. I am glad rosendale taxpayers are asking these same questions.

#53952 - 08/18/10 12:08 AM Re: Rosendale Waterworks Issue [Re: chevy]
RangerRob Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Ulster County, NY
Did William Ayers recently pass away? I met him either last hunting season or the one before then and he didn't seem to be going anywhere.

But as for the hike....like I said, I would be interested to see firsthand how these properties are being affected by the Preserves land acquisition practices. if you come up with a date, please let us know. Thanks!

As for the gate at the north end of Clearwater Road, I presume it was put up to prevent illegal motor vehicle use. Having a road like that open for anyone to drive in invites all sorts of unwanted activity...illegal dumping chief among them. Is there a question about the roads current status? Again, it doesn't sound like Clearwater road affects any of these properties, so the point is moot.
RR

RR

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Jannette, phlan, webmaster 
Sponsored