Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (oenophore), 10 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#53953 - 08/18/10 12:08 AM Re: Rosendale Waterworks Issue [Re: RangerRob]
RangerRob Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Ulster County, NY
I often like to repeat my name

RR

RR

#53982 - 08/19/10 01:16 AM Re: Rosendale Waterworks Issue [Re: RangerRob]
Advocacy group Offline
addict

Loc: New Paltz,Marbletown,Gardiner,...
Originally Posted By: RangerRob
Did William Ayers recently pass away? I met him either last hunting season or the one before then and he didn't seem to be going anywhere.

But as for the hike....like I said, I would be interested to see firsthand how these properties are being affected by the Preserves land acquisition practices. if you come up with a date, please let us know. Thanks!

As for the gate at the north end of Clearwater Road, I presume it was put up to prevent illegal motor vehicle use. Having a road like that open for anyone to drive in invites all sorts of unwanted activity...illegal dumping chief among them. Is there a question about the roads current status? Again, it doesn't sound like Clearwater road affects any of these properties, so the point is moot.
RR

RR

RR,

No Bill Ayres did not die, he is around 80 or so though. He sold his lot to MP, yes the one that Clearwater goes through, that is gated........and not quite a moot point.......
The MPNA is an advocacy group for adjacent neighbors of the Mohonk Preserve. In the event of a dispute with the Mohonk Preserve, we can offer assistance in obtaining experts in the following areas; Surveying, Lawyers, Title, expert witnesses, ancient document research, and Maps.

#53989 - 08/19/10 04:28 AM Re: Rosendale Waterworks Issue [Re: Advocacy group]
RangerRob Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Well what other property does the gate affect? You just said yourself that Bill sold his property, so he is not using the road to access his land anymore. While Clearwater road may not be legally abandoned, if it ever was a town road, the current ladnowner should still have the right to keep illegal motor vehicle use out. It's not used for ingress/egress by anyone other than the preserve, and the town does not maintain it. So how is the gate an issue? Further, what about the gate on the other end of Clearwater, out by Springtown Rd and the rail trail. I believe one of the MP neighbors has it gated off. If it's an issue for the Preserve having it gated on one end, why aren't we talking about the landowner on the other end? Of course, there is a huge ATV problem by the neighboring landowners on that end....running rampant through a fragile wetland and turning one of the coolest spots on the preserve into a shithole. But no one seems to be concerned about that.

#54007 - 08/19/10 01:34 PM Re: Rosendale Waterworks Issue [Re: RangerRob]
Advocacy group Offline
addict

Huh?
The MPNA is an advocacy group for adjacent neighbors of the Mohonk Preserve. In the event of a dispute with the Mohonk Preserve, we can offer assistance in obtaining experts in the following areas; Surveying, Lawyers, Title, expert witnesses, ancient document research, and Maps.

#54043 - 08/19/10 07:39 PM Re: Rosendale Waterworks Issue [Re: Advocacy group]
RangerRob Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Well, Clearwater road goes all the way over the ridge. It has a beginning and an ending, and it is gated off at both ends, but you only seem to question the gate on the Preserve side of it. If you have no problem with the private landowners on the Springtown Road side blocking vehicle access, why should you have problems with the Preserve blocking vehicle access? You know where I am talking about, right? The road used to come out just south of high school hill, now known better as Triple Right.

RR

#54082 - 08/20/10 11:41 AM Re: Rosendale Waterworks Issue [Re: RangerRob]
Advocacy group Offline
addict

Yeah I know the road you are talking about. The one that is gated on Springtown road, at the Diets farm, that has a beginning and an end, but that aint Clearwater! Where did you hear that was Clearwater by the way? However, if that was Clearwater, I would have a problem with it being gated.

MPNA

#54106 - 08/20/10 03:19 PM Re: Rosendale Waterworks Issue [Re: Advocacy group]
RangerRob Offline
Carpal Tunnel

no I think Diets is the extension of the old road running off the end of Canaan, and crossing Cragswood. It runs north and eventually turns into Diet's fields I believe. Clearwater, if you follow the old 15 minute series topo runs through the notch south of High School Hill and out through the shale bank, eventually coming out across the Chruch Communities fields, where it is gated at the rail trail. You can follow evidence of the old road from Mountain road all the way over. It gets hard to find for a little way in the wetland, mostly because of all the illegal ATV erosion, but it is still there.

Now, wanna wager who owns those ATV's??

#54108 - 08/20/10 03:29 PM Re: Rosendale Waterworks Issue [Re: RangerRob]
MarcC Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Obviously, as we've learned from a local neighbors association with membership numbering in the hundreds if not thousands, either the evil Mohonk Preserve or the evil Mohonk Mtn House, which any sane person knows are the same thing. I mean, since they're the source of everything wrong on the ridge, who else could it possibly be?

#54120 - 08/21/10 02:04 AM Re: Rosendale Waterworks Issue [Re: MarcC]
pedestrian Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: a heavily fortified bunker!
Is there an echo in here?

#54141 - 08/22/10 07:28 PM Re: Rosendale Waterworks Issue [Re: RangerRob]
Advocacy group Offline
addict

no I think Diets is the extension of the old road running off the end of Canaan, and crossing Cragswood. It runs north and eventually turns into Diet's fields I believe. Clearwater, if you follow the old 15 minute series topo runs through the notch south of High School Hill and out through the shale bank, eventually coming out across the Chruch Communities fields, where it is gated at the rail trail. You can follow evidence of the old road from Mountain road all the way over. It gets hard to find for a little way in the wetland, mostly because of all the illegal ATV erosion, but it is still there.

Rob,

I respectfully disagree that the road that crosses at Diet's is Clearwater, however, if it was Clearwater, that gate was probably there while the RR (not you the other RR) was in service to keep cattle off the tracks as opposed to reasons why Mohonk Preserve gates roads. So who do you think owns those ATV's cause I know of way more than just one user.

MPNA

Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Jannette, phlan, webmaster 
Sponsored