Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 6 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#54167 - 08/23/10 03:35 PM Re: Rosendale Waterworks Issue [Re: Advocacy group]
RangerRob Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Ulster County, NY
I'm not stupid enough to accuse someone of illegal activities in a public forum AG. I may look gullable....but I'm not.

I think you are right though AG. Clearwater comes out on the Church Communities property. The road that comes out in diets' fields coems from the end of Canaan road. Be that as it may..there no cattle there anymore

#54179 - 08/23/10 11:08 PM Re: Rosendale Waterworks Issue [Re: RangerRob]
Advocacy group Offline
addict

Loc: New Paltz,Marbletown,Gardiner,...
Originally Posted By: RangerRob
I'm not stupid enough to accuse someone of illegal activities in a public forum AG. I may look gullable....but I'm not.

I think you are right though AG. Clearwater comes out on the Church Communities property. The road that comes out in diets' fields coems from the end of Canaan road. Be that as it may..there no cattle there anymore

RR,

Be that as it may, it's their private property and a private road...........

MPNA
The MPNA is an advocacy group for adjacent neighbors of the Mohonk Preserve. In the event of a dispute with the Mohonk Preserve, we can offer assistance in obtaining experts in the following areas; Surveying, Lawyers, Title, expert witnesses, ancient document research, and Maps.

#54190 - 08/24/10 01:26 AM Re: Rosendale Waterworks Issue [Re: Advocacy group]
pedestrian Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: a heavily fortified bunker!
I would like to take this moment to come out against speaking in code on the forum. If it can't be said in terms that we all understand & aren't loaded with "subtle" nuance, keep it in private messages. In other words: get a room, you two.

#54195 - 08/24/10 04:57 AM Re: Rosendale Waterworks Issue [Re: pedestrian]
MarcC Offline
Carpal Tunnel

#54202 - 08/24/10 01:25 PM Re: Rosendale Waterworks Issue [Re: MarcC]
RangerRob Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Go suck a turtle egg Pedestrian. We're engaging in civil discussion that isn't "code". You're allowed to banter all you want, and so are we. Don't read it if you don't like it.

Advo, are you still talking about the Diets road, or the Clearwater Road? If you're saying the Clearwater road is a private road, then why is it a concern of yours that the Preserve has it gated off? If it's an unabandoned town right of way, then legally it shouldn't be gated off on either end. In the real world though, lots of unabandoned town right of ways get gated off, because the town no longer has an interest in it, and the gate does not impede ingress/egress for other property owners.

#54211 - 08/24/10 10:48 PM Re: Rosendale Waterworks Issue [Re: RangerRob]
Advocacy group Offline
addict

Yes the Diets road. It's a farm road on private property and is not for public use without the landowners consent. Clearwater is not owned by Mohonk Preserve and therefor should not be gated by Mohonk Preserve. For the record, before Bill Ayres sold his property, Mohonk Preserve had gated it, thus impeding access for Ayres. Mohonk Preserve eventually gave him a key to the lock but it still impeded his access while he owned the property.

"In the real world though, lots of unabandoned town right of ways get gated off, because the town no longer has an interest in it, and the gate does not impede ingress/egress for other property owners."

This is legally not true, the towns interest is not the issue, it's the landowners interest.

MPNA

Edited by Advocacy group (08/25/10 01:25 AM)
The MPNA is an advocacy group for adjacent neighbors of the Mohonk Preserve. In the event of a dispute with the Mohonk Preserve, we can offer assistance in obtaining experts in the following areas; Surveying, Lawyers, Title, expert witnesses, ancient document research, and Maps.

#54222 - 08/25/10 02:16 AM Re: Rosendale Waterworks Issue [Re: Advocacy group]
RangerRob Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Advo I don't think we are talking about the same road here. Clearwater very plainly comes out to Church Communities property, not Diets. I have followed the road that comes out on Diets field and it is the road that follows the east side of the ridge, going past the Conglomerate and crossing Cragswood. Look at the topo and you'll see what I mean. The roads are two independent roads.

The next question would be, was Clearwater ever a town road? If it was, was it officially abandoned, or did they just stop maintaining it...two very different things. If it was abandoned then the land goes back to the previous landowners before the road was vested. At least this is what I understand. If the road was always private, well then I'm sure there are easements for the road in those deeds somewhere, right?

#54223 - 08/25/10 02:17 AM Re: Rosendale Waterworks Issue [Re: Advocacy group]
Advocacy group Offline
addict

RR,

Have you seen MP maps that list that private road on the Diets farm as Clearwater road? Have you ever seen a complete survey map of the lands of MP? Thanks

MPNA

#54224 - 08/25/10 02:22 AM Re: Rosendale Waterworks Issue [Re: RangerRob]
Advocacy group Offline
addict

RR,

You have your roads confused. You are combining two roads. I'll try and post a map. But maybe you could post the source map where you are getting your info from.

MPNA

#54229 - 08/25/10 02:46 AM Re: Rosendale Waterworks Issue [Re: Advocacy group]
RangerRob Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Sorry, I'm not a technocrat. I know you can see all the old 15 minute series maps online somewhere, but you'll have to find the addy yourself. You're right, continuing the discussion is moot until we can both sit down and look at the same maps.

I'll ask you this, have you ever walked Clearwater from Table Rocks all the way out to Springtown? If you did, where exactly did you come out? On Diets property, or Church Cummunities?

Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Jannette, phlan, webmaster 
Sponsored