Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 18 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#54965 - 09/17/10 03:22 PM Belgium to Sardinia
talus Offline
veteran

Well I had change of plans from my original trip. I decided I wanted to climb, I wanted to swim in crystal clear blue water, I wanted to be in Europe and I always had a thing about Sardinia so off I was.

My first stop was Belgium where I stayed about a 1 minute walk from the Grand Place. Well luck was on my side it turned at the Grand place beer festival was starting the day I arrived. I sampled more than a few beers from around Belgium and I have to say I did not find any beers that I did not enjoy! here are a few pics.

So after Belgium I was off to Venice for a few days. I was picked up at the airport by my friend Carlo who lives in prosecco wine country and told me "you know Prosecco Festival is going on in Valdobbiadene" so we scrapped plans to Venice and we were off to Valdobbiadene to drink prosecco. On the way we stopped for dinner and came across a traditional Venitian band.

Next mornig we toured around Valdobbiadene and sampled many prosecco wines from the area.

After the crazy drinking frenzy it was time to go to Sardinia and relax and that is what I did well sort of did. The first thing i did in Sardinia was strip down and jumped into the clear waters of the Mediterranean Sea. I was in heaven! Sardinia has amazing clear blue water, huge Limestone walls all over the place. Also in Sardinia it's very tough to communicate with people 1 being not many speak English. 2 I speak very little Italian.
Even with the communication barrier I managed to get some climbing in and meet some very special people that well be friends for life. Here we are at a sport crag during smoke break the approach makes the uberfall seem miles away.

Sardinia is just a wonderful place and when you're there you can't stop saying to yourself Holy shit this place is absoultly amazing!
Now for the dreams of Sardinia!

#54972 - 09/17/10 05:49 PM Re: Belgium to Sardinia [Re: talus]
chip Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Sittin' Pretty in Fat City
Gorgeous! Glad you had such a great "climbing" trip. I had never seen any photos of the area before and it certainly looks awesome.
Next year you can come to Delaware for the, uh, geez I have no idea why you would come here after seeing that.

#54988 - 09/17/10 11:56 PM Re: Belgium to Sardinia [Re: chip]
talus Offline
veteran

Thank you Chip!

Some climbing photos:
scoping out routes at an area called treasure island

Vittorio climbing at treasure island

Vittorio climbing at San Georgio

#54990 - 09/18/10 11:15 AM Re: Belgium to Sardinia [Re: talus]
oenophore Online   confused
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: 212 land
Wowee! Photo pros like you, John, remind me of the cliche, "The best is the enemy of the good."

#54991 - 09/18/10 11:23 AM Re: Belgium to Sardinia [Re: oenophore]
talus Offline
veteran

Thank you Oeno!

#55098 - 09/20/10 09:41 PM Re: Belgium to Sardinia [Re: talus]
Chas Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Flagstaff
Having been there twice, I have to say the area is definately worth going to (its my favorite sports climbing area in the world)

#55247 - 09/23/10 01:33 PM Re: Belgium to Sardinia [Re: Chas]
talus Offline
veteran

Chas where have you climbed in Sardinia?

#55334 - 09/28/10 02:14 AM Re: Belgium to Sardinia [Re: talus]
Chas Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Flagstaff
From Biddriscotti (both in the cave and outside- which is fun for most from 5.9 to 5.13) along the coast south past the Supermonte ( which if I had more time it would be fun to hike in the area). Your image of The areas do it justice.

Note: the supermonte is a beautiful deep ravine you pass as you take the road south of Doragali, which is off set from the beach area by about 20ish miles if not less. It holds some very infamous climbs. Some like Hotel Supermonte (5.13d) require bigger &@11$ then I'll ever have with long runouts at the cruxes.

Edited by Chas (09/28/10 02:21 AM)

Moderator:  webmaster 
Sponsored