Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 11 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#55094 - 09/20/10 09:14 PM Declining New Paltz street scenery?
SkurdeyCat Offline

Loc: PA
No not a comment on architecture.

About eleven years ago, I first had the pleasure of visiting New Paltz, it was a Friday night, and between the climbing, and the streets lined with young pretty girls, I thought I'd found heaven, I wanted to never leave.

Last weekend, I was back again, hadn't been there on a Friday night for years, and was I disappointed or what? The climbing was still great, but the rest? Maybe I'm growing old, but.. what happened, is this the effect of juvenile obesity, new fashions, or what?

I'm planning to be there this Friday again, visible tottie had better be much improved, or, or, oh well. I suppose the climbing will bring me back anyway.

Skurdey

#55096 - 09/20/10 09:38 PM Re: Declining New Paltz street scenery? [Re: SkurdeyCat]
MarcC Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: SkurdeyCat
About eleven years ago, I first had the pleasure of visiting New Paltz, it was a Friday night, and between the climbing, and the streets lined with young pretty girls, I thought I'd found heaven, I wanted to never leave.

Last weekend, I was back again, hadn't been there on a Friday night for years, and was I disappointed or what? The climbing was still great, but the rest? Maybe I'm growing old, but.. what happened, is this the effect of juvenile obesity, new fashions, or what?

You're older - you realized that the "young, pretty girls" you remembered seeing were really just youngsters, barely out of high school.

#55115 - 09/21/10 03:23 AM Re: Declining New Paltz street scenery? [Re: MarcC]
alicex4 Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Chicks are fatter. The damned "below the waist" waist band is a curse. Chick's think they aren't fat-hello muffin top. I was in college in the early 80's, no muffin tops- if there was a roll the chick was fat.

I know it's not PC, but stop kidding yourselves.

#55258 - 09/24/10 08:01 AM Re: Declining New Paltz street scenery? [Re: alicex4]
tokyo bill Offline
old hand

Loc: Tokyo
I don't always agree with alicex4, but the post above nails it. I come back to the States maybe once a year on vacation, so I see it with fresh eyes every time.

Can you say "oink"? I knew you could.

#55262 - 09/24/10 10:37 AM Re: Declining New Paltz street scenery? [Re: alicex4]
oenophore Online   confused
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: 212 land
Originally Posted By: alicex4
Chicks are fatter. The damned "below the waist" waist band is a curse. Chick's think they aren't fat-hello muffin top. I was in college in the early 80's, no muffin tops- if there was a roll the chick was fat.

I know it's not PC, but stop kidding yourselves.
Guys are fatter too. In decades gone by, I used to see kids playing on city sidewalks, was one of them myself in ancient times. It seems that stickball, punchball and ringeleveo (sic?) are extinct urban sports. And in my not-so-humble opinion, tattoos on women are disgusting. Note that the uglier the gal, the more likely she is to be tattooed.

#55263 - 09/24/10 11:12 AM Re: Declining New Paltz street scenery? [Re: tokyo bill]
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: tokyo bill
I don't always agree with alicex4, but the post above nails it. I come back to the States maybe once a year on vacation, so I see it with fresh eyes every time.

Can you say "oink"? I knew you could.
Are Japanese gals getting oinkier too?

#55269 - 09/24/10 03:44 PM Re: Declining New Paltz street scenery? [Re: oenophore]
chip Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Sittin' Pretty in Fat City
I resemble that observation.

#55274 - 09/24/10 06:59 PM What's more... [Re: chip]
Carpal Tunnel

3 Out of 4 Americans Will Be Overweight or Obese by 2020, Study Says

Number of fat people in US to grow, report says

Thursday, September 23, 2010
By Staff, Associated Press

Paris (AP) - A new study by the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development warns that citizens of the world's richest countries are getting fatter and fatter, with the United States leading the charge.

Three out of four Americans will be overweight or obese by 2020, the OECD said in its first-ever obesity forecast, released Thursday. The report said disease rates and health care spending will balloon unless governments, individuals and industry cooperate on a comprehensive strategy to combat the epidemic.

The Paris-based body, which brings together 33 of the world's leading economies, is better known for forecasting deficit and employment levels - not measuring waistlines. But the economic cost of excess weight is a growing concern for many governments.

#55296 - 09/27/10 04:19 AM Re: Declining New Paltz street scenery? [Re: oenophore]
tokyo bill Offline
old hand

Loc: Tokyo
Originally Posted By: oenophore
Are Japanese gals getting oinkier too?

I don't have statistics to back it, but based on observation alone I'd say the Japanese population is porking up a bit. When I first came here in the early to mid 80s, seeing an overweight person was extremely rare (and I'm not talking obese, hippo-on-parade obese like you see all over in the States, I'm just talking common-and-garden overweight).

Now, you do see overweight people here, and the occasional genuine hippo. Not all over like in the States, but a small scattering in the crowd.

Street scenery in Tokyo from this particular male perspective, however, remains among the best in the world.

#55297 - 09/27/10 09:55 AM Re: Declining New Paltz street scenery? [Re: tokyo bill]
Carpal Tunnel

Street scenery in Tokyo from this particular male perspective, however, remains among the best in the world.

Yeah, Japanese lasses are especially cute. We love our wives but ...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Sponsored