Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 16 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#55108 - 09/21/10 12:40 AM Recent User Bans: CFRAC
talus Offline
veteran

Is that for real cfrac was banned? For what?

This was orginally a joke reply to all the nonsense being posted by AG in mohonk neighbors. Webmaster decided to make it's own topic

Edited by talus (09/21/10 04:26 PM)

#55109 - 09/21/10 01:04 AM Re: MohonkPreserveNeighborsAssociation [Re: talus]
HR1 Offline

Loc: New Paltz

#55127 - 09/21/10 02:25 PM Re: MohonkPreserveNeighborsAssociation [Re: HR1]
webmaster Offline

veteran

Loc: New Paltz (Kerhonkson, actuall...
This is the PM conversation I had with CFRAC:

CFRAC:
Quote:
My Wallface Climbing Story got moved to the Trip Reports section yet this thread remains in the General Climbing forum despite numerous calls for it to be moved to a more appropriate topic section!!!!!

WEBMASTER (WM):
Quote:
Your Wallface story is in the Trip Report section because that's where I felt it belonged. The Mohonk Neighbors is in the General forum for the same reason. Do you really imagine that it makes sense to poll the readership as to where each post belongs? Obviously not.

Posting your dis-satifaction to the Mohonk Neighbors post (rather than starting a new post or (more appropriately) PM'ing me is an annoyance to me and makes more work for me on the site--both to remove the offending post and because of the others it spawn.

If you don't like the subject of a post or aren't interested in it, or have nothing substantive to add, my suggestion should be obvious.--don't read it, and don't post in it.

If you persist in this [your adjective here] behavior, I will not hesitate to ban you from the discussions.

CFRAC:
Quote:
Please ban me from Gunks.com then

CFRAC:
Quote:
Please also remove my trip reports and other posts as well

#55129 - 09/21/10 03:13 PM Re: MohonkPreserveNeighborsAssociation [Re: webmaster]
Welle Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Western Slope
That's too bad. Anyone remembers his blog address? Cfrac, if you are reading this, please post your snow stoke on TGR!

#55133 - 09/21/10 03:27 PM Re: Recent User Bans: CFRAC [Re: talus]
Rickster Online   content
old hand

Loc: Orange Cty, NY

CFrac will be missed as his posts were always clear, concise, honest and entertaining. Damn sounds like a eulogy. I will stop and visit with him at work and give him our best. Maybe get him to start posting his ski trips on Teletips. RC

#55142 - 09/21/10 04:53 PM Re: Recent User Bans: CFRAC [Re: Rickster]
Smike Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: in your backyard
Quote:
Posting your dis-satifaction to the Mohonk Neighbors post (rather than starting a new post or (more appropriately) PM'ing me is an annoyance to me and makes more work for me on the site--both to remove the offending post and because of the others it spawn.

AG's posting his dissatisfaction to climbers (rather than starting a new post in the appropriate thread or (more appropriately) PMing me is only an annoyance to me since I don't have the power to BAN said people... Subjective ruling is one thing, selective is another...

One could easily make an assumption that Chris U (AG) has fronted to gunks.com financial support and in turn is allowed to perverse gunks.com into his soap box. If that is true, then you don't need to inform me with a confirming response, but you may ban me as well.

Edited by Smike (09/21/10 04:57 PM)

#55143 - 09/21/10 05:00 PM Re: Recent User Bans: CFRAC [Re: Smike]
Mark Heyman Offline
old hand

Loc: South Jersey (Pinelands)
Banning a valuable contributor over this doesn't make sense to me. He obviously cared more about this site than many.

#55146 - 09/21/10 05:17 PM Re: Recent User Bans: CFRAC [Re: Mark Heyman]
oenophore Online   confused
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: 212 land
An old cliche comes to mind: don't criticize someone until you've walked a mile in his shoes. The Webmaster created all this at his time and expense and some of us who use this site free of charge nevertheless criticize him -- yes, I've done as much. It may seem ungrateful.
The above dialog may lead one to believe that the Webmaster is arbitrary in his decision making. For instance:

Your Wallface story is in the Trip Report section because that's where I felt it belonged. The Mohonk Neighbors is in the General forum for the same reason. Do you really imagine that it makes sense to poll the readership as to where each post belongs? Obviously not.

Does he have a right to be arbitrary? One may suppose so. Let his critics answer this question, "If you were the Webmaster, would you be less arbitrary?" I, for one, might just answer in the negative.

#55148 - 09/21/10 05:25 PM Re: Recent User Bans: CFRAC [Re: oenophore]
Doug Online   content

He can be arbitrary, but he may kill his own site in the process.

He hasn't really "created all this". His time/expense provide the means, but there really isn't anything on this site except for the forum posts, which are contributed by users. That is what the other users are coming here for.

If his policies are too distasteful, the users could easily head off to one one the more general scope climbing forums.

Edited by Doug (09/21/10 05:26 PM)

#55149 - 09/21/10 05:29 PM Re: Recent User Bans: CFRAC [Re: oenophore]
MarcC Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: oenophore
Does he have a right to be arbitrary? One may suppose so. Let his critics answer this question, "If you were the Webmaster, would you be less arbitrary?" I, for one, might just answer in the negative.

I'd sure as hell be less anal retentive.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  webmaster 
Sponsored