Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 10 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#5643 - 09/05/02 05:10 AM Re: Color Scheme [Re: CrackBoy]
MarcC Offline
Carpal Tunnel

why dont you just change the coloro scheme of your computer to match gunks.com that way it will all look the same

I know this was said somewhat tongue-in-cheek but it brings up an important point that Cori touched on in another thread. Folks in some companies just don't have the ability of modifying their system. There is "lock down" software available that some companies have installed on all their computers. It prevents installing new software, upgrading existing software, changing color schemes, adding items to the desktop, changing wallpaper, changing screen savers, etc.

So it may be worthwhile keeping in mind that some of our regular members might not have the option of the "simple" fix.

#5644 - 09/05/02 01:25 PM Re: Color Scheme [Re: MarcC]
CrackBoy Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Republic of Davis
first off its a joke

second off, my company has some strict rules on computing but we are allowed to change preferences such as resolution on the screen etc since we are the ones looking at the monitor.

#5645 - 09/05/02 08:53 PM Re: Color Scheme [Re: markinthailand]
Charlie Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Morristown, N.J.
I like the previous color scheme much better. It was easier to read and it felt much much softer on the eyes and easier to work with. IMHO

#5646 - 09/05/02 09:03 PM Re: Color Scheme [Re: Charlie]
webmaster Offline

veteran

Loc: New Paltz (Kerhonkson, actuall...
Thanks for all of your comments on the color scheme. We'll try to put up some more "scheme" options for the forum over the course of the next few weeks.

The rest of the site will likely remain in this configuration for at least 2-3 months, as we concentrate on getting the site filled with missing content.

Thanks for you patience.

-em

#5647 - 09/05/02 09:05 PM Re: Color Scheme [Re: CrackBoy]
MarcC Offline
Carpal Tunnel

first off its a joke

I knew that!

my company has some strict rules on computing but we are allowed to change preferences such as resolution on the screen etc since we are the ones looking at the monitor.

As do many companies. However, one of the places I once worked installed lock down software. At least it was only on the machines of a very small group of test users.

The software had various settings that determined what the end user could change without needing the administrative password and key disk. Naturally our anal retentive IS group wanted "maximum security". This meant that the user could not access the control panel, the display properties, or even put stuff on the windows desktop. It was truely evil.

Fortunately sanity prevailed and the software was quickly removed. The outrage of the users as well as the help desk having to dispatch someone whenever a user wanted to make a change to their system both had something to do with the decision.

#5648 - 09/07/02 03:45 AM Re: Color Scheme [Re: CrackBoy]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I hate to say it but the new colors are just too bright. It is hard to read. Can we at least get the old colors withthe new menus on the top?

#5649 - 09/09/02 02:22 PM Re: Color Scheme
webmaster Offline

veteran

Loc: New Paltz (Kerhonkson, actuall...
I'll make up some new stylesheets/schemes during the course of this week. Bug me if you don't have access to them by monday (9/16)

-em

#5650 - 09/10/02 02:56 PM Re: Color Scheme [Re: webmaster]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am with the NYC crew (Charlie, how ya doing) and i really don't like change. Can i have my old colors back please.

Deli

#5651 - 09/15/02 04:06 PM Re: Color Scheme [Re: CrackBoy]
timh Offline

Loc: Delaware
Maybe I'm strange, but I kind of like the new color scheme. Perhaps that comes from spending 40+ hours a week staring a monitior with the most ghastly color scheme imaginable. Worse, it can't be changed. I know, I've tried. It only got worse. (Ah the joy's of propriatary software.)
I can understand though how the new scheme could bug some people. Maybe some options are in order?
Overall great work with the site.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  webmaster 
Sponsored