Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 14 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Topic Options
#54449 - 09/01/10 12:25 AM Re: Rosendale Waterworks Issue [Re: chip]
Advocacy group Offline
addict

Loc: New Paltz,Marbletown,Gardiner,...
Originally Posted By: chip
Thanks for the reply to my question, AG. I only know first hand of a couple of disputes involving the Preserve and neighbors and in both of these MP did provide surveys. I know of one in which the defendent never produced a survey, sorta like putting up the white flag. I don't know squat about real estate law but I agree that everyone should know what they actually own.

Chip,

Thanks for posting about the disputes you have heard about. The disputes that actually go to court are only a few of the many that have happened. The MPNA would like to know the individuals involved so we can put it in our database and possibly reach out. You can pm us if you don't want to put it on line. What towns were the disputes in? Thanks

MPNA
The MPNA is an advocacy group for adjacent neighbors of the Mohonk Preserve. In the event of a dispute with the Mohonk Preserve, we can offer assistance in obtaining experts in the following areas; Surveying, Lawyers, Title, expert witnesses, ancient document research, and Maps.

#54452 - 09/01/10 02:30 AM Re: Rosendale Waterworks Issue [Re: Advocacy group]
chip Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Sittin' Pretty in Fat City
I don't think I could provide even the names for you. Oldtimer's disease strikes again. Sorry.

#54457 - 09/01/10 03:35 AM Re: Rosendale Waterworks Issue [Re: chip]
RangerRob Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Ulster County, NY
Mark, I'll just speak for myself here, but if I had to suddenly hire a land surveyor right now it most definitely would break my bank. I guess it just goes to prove that I exist in a different socio-economic class as some of you do. I know for a fact that other modest homeowners in the area would have difficulty in paying for a survey as well.

My point is this, unless the title company finds some discrepancy or problem in the deed, the banks will not usuallty require a survey of the property, particularly if one already exists. For someone to claim that everyone bordering the Preserve should have a current survey done and file it just so some obscure landowners association can try to make a point......nonsense. Especially when said landowners are represented by someone who doesn't seem to understand that some people would have a hard time affording that.

I've said my peace. This whole issue does not deserve any more of my attention. The sooner it dissapears off this climbing website the better.

RR

#54458 - 09/01/10 10:22 AM Re: Rosendale Waterworks Issue [Re: RangerRob]
Advocacy group Offline
addict

Originally Posted By: RangerRob
Mark, I'll just speak for myself here, but if I had to suddenly hire a land surveyor right now it most definitely would break my bank. I guess it just goes to prove that I exist in a different socio-economic class as some of you do. I know for a fact that other modest homeowners in the area would have difficulty in paying for a survey as well.

My point is this, unless the title company finds some discrepancy or problem in the deed, the banks will not usuallty require a survey of the property, particularly if one already exists. For someone to claim that everyone bordering the Preserve should have a current survey done and file it just so some obscure landowners association can try to make a point......nonsense. Especially when said landowners are represented by someone who doesn't seem to understand that some people would have a hard time affording that.

I've said my peace. This whole issue does not deserve any more of my attention. The sooner it dissapears off this climbing website the better.

RR

Rob,

It is inaccurate to say "My point is this, unless the title company finds some discrepancy or problem in the deed, the banks will not usuallty require a survey of the property,". The fact is that in NYS, there is a survey exclusion in every title report. So if you were to have a boundary dispute and no survey, your title insurance would not pay for the litigation.

MPNA
The MPNA is an advocacy group for adjacent neighbors of the Mohonk Preserve. In the event of a dispute with the Mohonk Preserve, we can offer assistance in obtaining experts in the following areas; Surveying, Lawyers, Title, expert witnesses, ancient document research, and Maps.

#56339 - 12/24/10 06:01 PM Re: Rosendale Waterworks Issue [Re: Advocacy group]
Advocacy group Offline
addict

Bueller....Bueller Mecus....

Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderator:  Jannette, phlan, webmaster 
Sponsored