Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 5 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#5708 - 09/05/02 04:01 PM Threaded vs Flat mode
GOclimb Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Boston
This is not a new bug. I had hoped your upgrade would fix it, but apparantly it didn't. I generally use the "threaded" as opposed to the "flat" view to look at threads. Most of the time it works correctly, but a few threads seem to get "stuck." At some point, new messages posted to those threads will not show up in the threaded view. The only way for me to see those new posts is to view the thread in flat mode. Once this happens, I have found no way to get the thread "un-stuck," though it doesn't affect any other threads.

For example, right now the Bugs and Comments page shows 12 replies and one unread reply in the "Format with Netscape Navigator" thread. When I click on that thread, I see only eight replies, the last of which was posted at 4:05 pm yesterday. When I click on the flat view type, I see all replies through to the present. As more posts are added to this thread, I will only see them if I choose flat mode. Meanwhile, (almost) all the other threads are behaving normally for me.

#5709 - 09/05/02 04:07 PM Re: Threaded vs Flat mode [Re: GOclimb]
pda Offline
addict

Loc: Bergen County NJ
This is not a bug - Big Brother has actively been editing and deleting messages in this thread.

#5710 - 09/05/02 04:26 PM Re: Threaded vs Flat mode [Re: pda]
Anonymous
Unregistered

#5711 - 09/05/02 05:55 PM Re: Threaded vs Flat mode [Re: pda]
GOclimb Offline
Pooh-Bah

No, seriously, it is a reproducable bug.

#5712 - 09/05/02 07:39 PM Re: Threaded vs Flat mode [Re: GOclimb]
Anonymous
Unregistered

As the forums are a pre-packed piece of software I would suggest bringing this up to the vendors attention.

UBB Threads

#5713 - 09/05/02 08:40 PM Re: Threaded vs Flat mode
webmaster Offline

veteran

Loc: New Paltz (Kerhonkson, actuall...
Actually, I'd like to handle any of the forum bugs, rather that individual users contacting InfoPOP. So if this is continuing to occur say in the next 3 weeks, email me and I will contact the software vendor. We'll be upgrading the software within that 3 week period, so lets see if they've taken care of it. Thanks.

-em

#5714 - 09/05/02 08:54 PM Re: Threaded vs Flat mode [Re: webmaster]
GOclimb Offline
Pooh-Bah

Thanks, will do.

Moderator:  webmaster 
Sponsored