Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 13 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#5715 - 09/05/02 06:01 PM ClimbNYC First?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Come on.....

This is gunks.com NOT climbNYC.com

Under the "main index" of the discussion .....
The Gunks.com Climbing discussion board should be on the top of the list, not the ClimbNYC board.

#5716 - 09/05/02 06:23 PM Re: ClimbNYC First?
Anonymous
Unregistered

If you access the boards from Gunks.com you should not see the ClimbNYC.com forums at all. You can only see them if you access the boards from ClimbNYC.com. In this case it makes sense that they would be on top.

-Todd

#5717 - 09/05/02 06:29 PM Re: ClimbNYC First?
GOclimb Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Boston
Actually, I _always_ access the site from Gunks.com. About 5-10% of the time I get the climbnyc forums as well. I don't mind, just an FYI.

#5718 - 09/06/02 11:49 AM Re: ClimbNYC First?
Anonymous
Unregistered

todd,

yes you do see the climbNYC board when you access the discussion main index from gunks.com

#5719 - 09/06/02 02:20 PM Re: ClimbNYC First?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for pointing this out Poser and GoClimb, I just checked the various ways to get to the dicsussion boards from the home page. There are 4 now.

The top menu seems to work correctly all the time.

Here are the results:
top menu climb -> Just the climbing boards
top menu bike -> just the bike boards
top menu hike/run -> just the hike/run boards

However, in the Left menu with titles of select threads from each forum each link goes to the selected thread but in a forum where ALL the boards (ClimbNYC, Gunks Climbing, Bike & Hike/Run) are visable when you you go to the main index.

So if you want to filter your view to only one set of discussions please use the great new nav bar at the top of gunks.com. Perhaps Evan will change the way the left menu links to the forums in the futue.

If you want to join in the discussions regarding city bouldering and other NYC stuff while also viewing all the gunks boards you can visit ClimbNYC.com directly

Thanks,
Todd

Moderator:  webmaster 
Sponsored