Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 11 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#57379 - 05/09/11 08:40 PM I Seek a Small (Work)Studio Space
TerrieM Offline
addict

Loc: Gunks in Summer, Southwest in ...
Some may, or may not, know that I am hoping to launch a line of chalkbags in the coming month. Well - I am! But the one detail I didn't reeeeeally consider strongly enough was that I don't have access to electricity(and thus run a sewing machine) where I am living.

First, let me say that money IS an issue, and a big one. I am actually looking to barter if possible. At least to start out. Unless the cost you have in mind is quite low. I'll leave it at that.

What I need is really pretty minimal. A room where I can set up a sewing machine(not a commercial unit), work table, store some bins of fabric. It would need an electrical outlet, and I might add a few task lights. To start, I don't expect to be running hours on end - maybe 3-4 hours a couple days a week. If the venture takes off(well...the world COULD all suddenly decide they need a chalk bag. Or, more likely, I might decide to expand with ditty bags, yoga mat bags or such), of course I would understand a renegotiation would be in place.

(link to the first samples: http://www.climbaddictdesigns.com/chalkbags.html)

I'll be back to NP in a few days...my road trip is almost over. But I do look forward to getting back home.

Edited by TerrieM (05/09/11 08:40 PM)

#57400 - 05/11/11 01:52 PM Re: I Seek a Small (Work)Studio Space [Re: TerrieM]
chip Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Sittin' Pretty in Fat City
Good luck, Terrie. I don't think I can help you much from Delaware.

#57457 - 05/15/11 04:03 PM Re: I Seek a Small (Work)Studio Space [Re: chip]
Mark Heyman Offline
old hand

Loc: South Jersey (Pinelands)
Wouldn't a pedal machine be a nicer solution?

#57464 - 05/15/11 08:09 PM Re: I Seek a Small (Work)Studio Space [Re: Mark Heyman]
TerrieM Offline
addict

Loc: Gunks in Summer, Southwest in ...
Mark - It would! Got one available? Those antiques are pretty pricey...

I actually have had someone contact me(about a space, not a treddle machine). Need to coordinate with them, and hopefully start yet another venture....

Moderator:  webmaster 
Sponsored