Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 17 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12 13 >
Topic Options
#57675 - 05/26/11 01:14 PM Re: 17 DOLLARS!?!?!?!?! [Re: Dana]
phlan Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Gardiner, NY
Maury's wine tastings. Yes, good memories. Jimmy the jazz drummer was ALWAYS there. and a certain Jewish chiropractor was a regular. and a heavy set guy can't remember his name right now. a fun crowd. after proper inebriation some people would do trick boulder problems upside down.

the MP closed the bar when they changed the rescue box to an angled top instead of flat. now the box is gone completely, of course. the frog pond, gone, no more water comes out of the pipe, even.

#57688 - 05/27/11 04:47 PM Re: 17 DOLLARS!?!?!?!?! [Re: phlan]
phlan Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Gardiner, NY
John Goobic, that was the other guy. Maury, John, Jimmy, plus Peter L., all serious wine and food people. Goobic brought a hookah to a party at Jimmys once.

#57689 - 05/27/11 04:51 PM Re: 17 DOLLARS!?!?!?!?! [Re: phlan]
Rickster Offline
old hand

Loc: Orange Cty, NY
Wow, flash from the past. John Goobic!

#57692 - 05/27/11 07:54 PM Re: 17 DOLLARS!?!?!?!?! [Re: Rickster]
AOR Offline
enthusiast

OMG...Jimmy Madison. Along with Morris Hershoff, we did some things that I don't think the statute of limitations has run out on yet!!! whistle grin

#57693 - 05/27/11 08:29 PM Re: 17 DOLLARS!?!?!?!?! [Re: AOR]
oenophore Online   confused
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: 212 land
all serious wine and food people.

Ah c'mon; I was never really serious, just enthusiastic like that kid below.

#57695 - 05/27/11 09:37 PM Re: 17 DOLLARS!?!?!?!?! [Re: oenophore]
AOR Offline
enthusiast

Anyone know the whereabouts of Dan McMillan?

#57700 - 05/29/11 12:22 PM Re: 17 DOLLARS!?!?!?!?! [Re: AOR]
stoopid Offline
journeyman

Loc: West Sand Lake, NY
Back to subject, they're going to charge until their income stops. Then they'll back off $1 /year until it stabilizes again or they can't afford to keep the land and surrender it to the State. IMO, we should all stop going for a couple years, have the preserve go bankrupt, then once it becomes State property climb for free indefinitely. laugh

#57701 - 05/29/11 01:51 PM Re: 17 DOLLARS!?!?!?!?! [Re: stoopid]
Rickster Offline
old hand

Loc: Orange Cty, NY
Originally Posted By: stoopid
IMO, we should all stop going for a couple years, have the preserve go bankrupt, then once it becomes State property climb for free indefinitely. laugh

Poor strategy. One, we don't get to use the preserve while waiting for it to go under, and two, you presume that the PIPC would allow climbing when the state takes over. And, if they did allow climbing, you'd still be paying for it. They don't have the best record in regards to climbing access. But,that's another thread, or a few threads.
Best to buy the season pass, pays for it's self over a few weekends.

#57704 - 05/29/11 09:14 PM Re: 17 DOLLARS!?!?!?!?! [Re: Rickster]
TerrieM Offline
addict

Loc: Gunks in Summer, Southwest in ...
The Mohonk Preserve does not exist solely for the sake of climbing, nor outdoor recreation in general.

I suppose many don't care so much about the animals and plants which have a chance at future survival because of the environment the preserve affords them,but there is a bigger picture to see if one is so inclined.

I know times are tough. I am living on less than $700/month, and my membership will be due in a a couple months, but I will pay it without complaining. $17 a day? Yeah - it DOES seem expensive, but.... next dinner out, add up the cost. For a lot of us, we will spend more on that meal with drinks than a day at the preserve. Or - think about our last gear purchase? 3 new biners (do we REALLY need the latest micro biner????) is more than a day pass.

You can also use your preserve membership to gain access to many nature preserves throughout the US. Link: http://mohonkpreserve.org/pdf/ANCABrochure.pdf

Really - I encourage people to buy a membership and look at it NOT as just the cost of climbing, but as a donation that helps the world to be a better place.

#57705 - 05/30/11 01:13 AM Re: 17 DOLLARS!?!?!?!?! [Re: TerrieM]
keith Offline
journeyman

Loc: The beach
Yes the preserve goes way beyond just trapps road. paying for a membership pays itself off tenfold if you consider preserving the entire ridgeline and surrounding valleys and areas not just one cliff.

Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12 13 >

Moderator:  webmaster 
Sponsored