Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Rickster), 11 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 13 of 13 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13
Topic Options
#58090 - 06/20/11 04:00 AM Re: 17 DOLLARS!?!?!?!?! [Re: Advocacy group]
cog Offline
stranger

wow. you're a real ass, aren't you.

#58093 - 06/20/11 02:24 PM Re: 17 DOLLARS!?!?!?!?! [Re: cog]
Coppertone Offline
old hand

Loc: Newtown, CT
If you don't want to pay $17 for a day pass then don't go. No one is twisting anyones arm. I happen to think that $15 for a movie is too much so I don't complain, I just don't go. I value my Gunks experiences and have no problem paying for a season pass. I also have no problem paying the $17 if I am taking someone for a day for their first experience. Its a choice I make. The preserve puts a price on entry that they think is what they need to charge. The $17 is just like any other service or product out there that you can choose whether or not to purchase. No one is being wronged by the entry fee. If you feel that the cost is too steep then go some place else or stay home. There are allot things that I feel are just too much money so I don't buy them. There is no need to cry about it.

#58094 - 06/20/11 03:06 PM Re: 17 DOLLARS!?!?!?!?! [Re: Coppertone]
RobA Offline

Loc: Alta, UT

Hey at least the preserve gets the spelling on our passes right. A guy i met at the brauhaus showed my his national parks pass last night...

#58097 - 06/20/11 07:35 PM Re: 17 DOLLARS!?!?!?!?! [Re: RobA]
Mike Rawdon Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Poughkeepsie
Heh... I see students every day who likely couldn't spell "annual" correctly. Who knows - some of them may get a job with the NPS.

#58122 - 06/22/11 02:43 AM Re: 17 DOLLARS!?!?!?!?! [Re: whatthegunks]
Advocacy group Offline
addict

Loc: New Paltz,Marbletown,Gardiner,...

Whatthegunks:
"Of course the Preserve is adding staff at trail heads to be sure to collect funds for passes. It should be noted that MP is PRIVATE land, it was bought by the Smiley family over the course of decades and that the trust was created to protect the land not the perceived rights of one or another user group. We are incredibly lucky to have access to the Gunks and some humility about it all rather than indignant ranting seems to make sense.

Drink the Kool-Aid, Stoopid!"

Perhaps it would also make sense to know your local history as well as current events before ranting WTG. The Mohonk Trust was created essentially as a tax shelter for the Mohonk Mountain house and to think it was purely for land protection is naive. Currently the Mohonk Mountain House is about to sell 856 acres of land to the Open Space Conservancy, this land is around the old gatehouse and contains farms such as Brook farm and Pine farm, houses and other improvements. It's telling that Smiley Bros. Inc. does not sell directly to the Mohonk Preserve or donate the land to Mohonk Preserve. Why go through OSI who intends to turn it over to MP? This is a very interesting land deal that the Mohonk Neighbors have been watching closely.

Thanks,MPNA
The MPNA is an advocacy group for adjacent neighbors of the Mohonk Preserve. In the event of a dispute with the Mohonk Preserve, we can offer assistance in obtaining experts in the following areas; Surveying, Lawyers, Title, expert witnesses, ancient document research, and Maps.

#58131 - 06/22/11 02:15 PM Re: 17 DOLLARS!?!?!?!?! [Re: Advocacy group]
SethG Offline
old hand

Loc: NYC
I knew as soon as Welle mentioned the MPNA that the trolls would come right out.

#58133 - 06/22/11 05:00 PM Re: 17 DOLLARS!?!?!?!?! [Re: Advocacy group]
Mark Heyman Offline
old hand

Loc: South Jersey (Pinelands)
Originally Posted By: Advocacy group
The Mohonk Trust was created essentially as a tax shelter for the Mohonk Mountain house and to think it was purely for land protection is naive.

Making holding the land more affordable might well considered be a protective measure!

Originally Posted By: Advocacy group
Currently the Mohonk Mountain House is about to sell 856 acres of land to the Open Space Conservancy, this land is around the old gatehouse and contains farms such as Brook farm and Pine farm, houses and other improvements. It's telling that Smiley Bros. Inc. does not sell directly to the Mohonk Preserve or donate the land to Mohonk Preserve. Why go through OSI who intends to turn it over to MP? This is a very interesting land deal that the Mohonk Neighbors have been watching closely.

Please support you statements that is this is telling or interesting

Page 13 of 13 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13

Moderator:  webmaster 
Sponsored