Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 5 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 17 of 22 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 21 22 >
Topic Options
#60623 - 09/30/11 03:41 AM Re: Taxes VS preservation...have at it! [Re: yorick]
donald perry Offline
veteran

Loc: New Jersey

Thanks Mohonk Preserve Rangers!
This song is for all of you guys who work for the Mohonk Preserve.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YO9THtRWb2s

Rick Ross
Hank Alicandri
Eric Fye
Frank Tkac
Bob Elsinger
Ken Deutschlander
Andrew Bajardi
Steve Soodik
Richard Williams

Many thanks!!! We love you all very much!!!

Rangers Are Awesome!!!
http://www.elcapreport.com/content/special-edition-elcap-rescue-92611

Edited by donald perry (09/30/11 12:40 PM)

#60629 - 09/30/11 12:38 PM Re: Taxes VS preservation...have at it! [Re: donald perry]
donald perry Offline
veteran

I spoke with the people in the town of Gardenier. Some of the names own ridge property for over 30 years, and the building inspector knows of no one who have had problems with the new zoning laws. And regardless, there have already been Shawangunk zoning laws in place for many years as far back as he can remember.

Kent, hello where are you? Kent, I can see that in order to protect my rights for waling the Near Trapps trail I will need to take this to court. However, if I have to go to court to prove my point it is not going to be for an prescriptive easement but for adverse possession of the trail *and* the cliff I have been all over for over 30 years! Do I need to take this to court Kent or can I just walk across?

Edited by donald perry (09/30/11 03:51 PM)

#60632 - 09/30/11 01:57 PM Re: Taxes VS preservation...have at it! [Re: donald perry]
donald perry Offline
veteran

I spoke to the tax assessors office and they told me that Zoning has good points and bad points and it is a matter of personal preference. There are cases where husbands and wives are divided over zoning issues, these are people who live on the ridge. The tax assessors office assured me that property values on the ridge have not deprecated because of zoning, but if there is depression through the ridge it is for other reasons. And this is why ridge neighbors [as a whole] who Kent has wrongly misrepresented and has "thrown under the bus" are paying the same kind of tax as they always have. Kent makes another specious point.

Originally Posted By: GOD
Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.

I ask that the moderator remove Kent from the forum, he is an exaggerator and a trouble maker for property owners on the ridge making statements that can not be verified.

I would also advise that the Mohonk Preserve revoke Kent's "Mohonk Preserve Life Endowment Member[ship]". He is adversarial to the Preserve [slandering them as an "Evil Empire"] and their neighbors and has no business on the property.

Edited by donald perry (09/30/11 03:29 PM)

#60638 - 09/30/11 04:54 PM Re: Taxes VS preservation...have at it! [Re: donald perry]
Kent Offline
old hand

Loc: The Bayards

Hahahahahahahaha.

#60640 - 09/30/11 09:22 PM Re: Taxes VS preservation...have at it! [Re: Kent]
donald perry Offline
veteran

Originally Posted By: Kent

Hahahahahahahaha.

I just got a call from the zoning board of appeals. They told me that they are aware of the arguments that Kent is making. Foremost, I was informed that these arguments have to do with the most sensitive areas for what should be considered drastic change or heavy development. Second, I was told that it is extremely unlikely that the new zoning laws have changed anything in relation to development in the most sensitive areas. The major change is there is more hoops you have to jump through. Third, I was told that over all he has heard of no property owner complaining that the new zoning has driven their property values down, he is not aware of any case like this on an individual bases. He also states that is it is patently impossible to see that property values have changed because of the new Zoning on the ridge.

Edited by donald perry (09/30/11 09:32 PM)

#60643 - 09/30/11 10:12 PM Re: Taxes VS preservation...have at it! [Re: yorick]
donald perry Offline
veteran

Kent wrote the following complaints about the Preserve:

1. Their willingness to use quit claim deeds and litigation to lay claim to land.

2. Their seeming propensity for mismarking property lines.

3. Their lobbying for aggressive zoning laws which take property rights away from their neighbors.

4. Their failure to pay property taxes as promised by Smiley family members at the inception of the Mohonk Trust.

5. Their lawsuit against the Town of Gardiner to avoid paying property taxes.

6. Transferring the MP campground land on RT 299 to the PIPC so the MP can circumvent the land use restrictions in the same zoning law they helped write.

We are now done with Kent's Zoning arguments because they relate to nothing we can find that makes any sense, other than to create confusion. We can now deal with number "4. Their failure to pay property taxes as promised by Smiley family members at the inception of the Mohonk Trust."

#60648 - 09/30/11 11:14 PM Re: Taxes VS preservation...have at it! [Re: yorick]
donald perry Offline
veteran

Kent has the following problem with the Preserve. "4. Their failure to pay property taxes as promised by Smiley family members at the inception of the Mohonk Trust."

There are two parts to Kent's argument.

As far as the Smiley family promising to pay taxes through the Mohonk trust, that there needs to be promises so you can create a diversion to then be legally allowed to create a tax exempt organization is false. Mohonk can do whatever it wants to do; this is the United States of America we are living in, not communist China. It is because the Mohonk Mountain House could not pay taxes and were going bankrupt that they formed a tax exempt origination for the Preserve. They could have sold off the property and made a huge profit, there is great honor in what has been done by the Smileys and we can see that, we need to be thankful and not bite the hand that feeds us and act as brute beasts.

Failure to pay tax as a tax exempt organization for public use is a good thing. If the state owned it we would not pay taxes either. If the Jehovah Witnesses owned it, it would be tax exempt and we would not be allowed to use it. If Kent owned it, by his own admission no one would use it but him and his friends the same way he now uses the Near Trapps. If land reverts back to a state, as it were, back in time to what it was before anyone built on it, to be like one of the small towns in the middle of PA, is there then a tax burden? Kent wants to assert new laws that no one would vote for and no one has voted for, to put restrictions on tax exempt originations that are paralleling what the government does. If the Preserve should pay tax so would government entities like Colleges, Hospitals, Fire, Police, Water companies and SUNNY New Paltz. Should what we want to support pay tax to us? Should one Hospital pay tax to another Hospital? Should one College pay tax to another College? Should one empty space pay tax to another empty space?

#60650 - 09/30/11 11:24 PM Re: Taxes VS preservation...have at it! [Re: donald perry]
donald perry Offline
veteran

1. Their willingness to use quit claim deeds and litigation to lay claim to land.

3. Their lobbying for aggressive zoning laws which take property rights away from their neighbors.

4. Their failure to pay property taxes as promised by Smiley family members at the inception of the Mohonk Trust.

6. Transferring the MP campground land on RT 299 to the PIPC so the MP can circumvent the land use restrictions in the same zoning law they helped write.

We will now deal with "2. Their seeming propensity for mismarking property lines." If property lines are mismarked then they can be marked back. However, if there is confusion with deed language then there is confusion at the property line. That's life, deal with it.

#60651 - 09/30/11 11:25 PM Re: Taxes VS preservation...have at it! [Re: donald perry]
donald perry Offline
veteran

We will now deal with "5. Their lawsuit against the Town of Gardiner to avoid paying property taxes." They lost the case, so what's to talk about? Nothing.

#60652 - 09/30/11 11:32 PM Re: Taxes VS preservation...have at it! [Re: donald perry]
donald perry Offline
veteran

We will now deal with "6. Transferring the MP campground land on RT 299 to the PIPC so the MP can circumvent the land use restrictions in the same zoning law they helped write."

There is a big difference between building a tent and building a house, and what good is it to have a Preserve if no one can camp out and use it? That makes no sense. What other options are there? Furthermore, they can transfer it to whomever they wish, it is a free country.

Page 17 of 22 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 21 22 >

Moderator:  webmaster 
Sponsored