Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Rickster), 10 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#59289 - 07/25/11 03:07 AM Re: The Gunks Smoke House -- New Restaurant In Town [Re: Dana]
acdnyc Offline
enthusiast

Loc: NYC/Kerhonkson
So, since you have Gunks in your name you're going to give all of us with our Gunks passes a 10% discount, right?

Sounds good to me. I liked the old BBQ place that was near Rock and Snow. We were sad to see that one go.

#59525 - 08/06/11 05:45 AM Re: The Gunks Smoke House -- New Restaurant In Town [Re: acdnyc]
GunksSmokeHouse Offline
stranger

Loc: New York
We are thinking about it... which pass are you talking about. Currently we are considering the Mohonk pass, but not sure what we are going to do yet.

Check out our site thegunkssmokehouse.com

Edited by GunksSmokeHouse (08/06/11 05:46 AM)

#59526 - 08/06/11 10:09 AM Re: The Gunks Smoke House -- New Restaurant In Town [Re: GunksSmokeHouse]
oenophore Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: 212 land
I checked the rules of this discussion board and found that posts by commercial interests advertising themselves are not prohibited. Does the webmaster want this sort of thing to go on?

#59529 - 08/06/11 02:58 PM Re: The Gunks Smoke House -- New Restaurant In Town [Re: oenophore]
webmaster Offline

veteran

Loc: New Paltz (Kerhonkson, actuall...
I think this kind of one-off opening mention is ok for the moment. A couple of reasons:

--It's in a forum where the topic will be pruned after a number of days
--We're not currently offering them another option for advertising
--It's a simple, one-time announcement with little clutter of fanfare

In other words, it's not egregious and it didn't seem to me to warrant removal.

If you have questions about the appropriateness of any post there is a "Notify" button on every single one.

-em

#59558 - 08/09/11 08:05 PM Re: The Gunks Smoke House -- New Restaurant In Town [Re: GunksSmokeHouse]
acdnyc Offline
enthusiast

Loc: NYC/Kerhonkson
Originally Posted By: GunksSmokeHouse
We are thinking about it... which pass are you talking about. Currently we are considering the Mohonk pass, but not sure what we are going to do yet.

The Gunks pass. If you only did it, for 3 to 6 months, at least it would get more people in the door and if you look busy...

I've seen a lot of restaurants come and go in NP. Can't wait to try yours out. The town needs a good BBQ place.

#59561 - 08/09/11 09:23 PM Re: The Gunks Smoke House -- New Restaurant In Town [Re: acdnyc]
TerrieM Offline
addict

Loc: Gunks in Summer, Southwest in ...
The "Gunks Pass?" They already said Mohonk(Preserve) - do you mean something different.

Maybe they could something like "First Drink Free with MP Membership" once a week. Tip to restaurant: Don't make that with the day pass or you will have people happily gathering day pass wristbands people discard and drinking up! hahahah

#59565 - 08/10/11 01:12 AM Re: The Gunks Smoke House -- New Restaurant In Town [Re: TerrieM]
RangerRob Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Ulster County, NY
How is it that a restaurant that isn't even open yet is getting talked about so much?

What New Paltz really needs is a good Mexican restaurant.

#59572 - 08/10/11 02:00 PM Re: The Gunks Smoke House -- New Restaurant In Town [Re: RangerRob]
Rickster Online   content
old hand

Loc: Orange Cty, NY
Originally Posted By: RangerRob
How is it that a restaurant that isn't even open yet is getting talked about so much?

It used to be called "anticipation". Now it's "promotion". Let's hope it lives up to the tease.

#59576 - 08/10/11 03:31 PM Re: The Gunks Smoke House -- New Restaurant In Town [Re: acdnyc]
oenophore Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: 212 land
acdnyc:"I've seen a lot of restaurants come and go in NP."

Being older than acdnyc (I think) I've seen a lot more come and go. It seems that the half-life of such restaurants is but a few years. There must be a good reason why the two diners are the most enduring restaurants in town. Lotsa luck to the Smoke House.

#59583 - 08/10/11 09:01 PM Re: The Gunks Smoke House -- New Restaurant In Town [Re: oenophore]
RangerRob Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Ulster County, NY
No doubt Oeno. Bowl of chili and a buttered hard rool at the College diner is pretty hearty.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Sponsored