Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 18 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 11 of 11 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11
Topic Options
#60611 - 09/29/11 11:12 PM Re: Rope swing at the Gunks... [Re: Mark Heyman]
donald perry Offline
veteran

Loc: New Jersey
Originally Posted By: Mark Heyman
Originally Posted By: empicard
Originally Posted By: Kent
As I'm the one who gets to decide whether or not the Nears reopens it's an opinion perhaps worth considering.

haven't you said that its not your land? Why is it up to you?

Not going to search but I'm pretty sure there were contradictions written to this claim too. Pretty sure it went something like It's not my land, I didn't close it...

See my posts at "Taxes VS preservation...have at it!"

Edited by donald perry (09/30/11 03:54 PM)

#60612 - 09/29/11 11:47 PM Re: Rope swing at the Gunks... [Re: donald perry]
Kent Offline
old hand

Loc: The Bayards
To avoid any confusion, the Near Trapps land that has been closed remains closed.

#60614 - 09/30/11 12:17 AM Re: Rope swing at the Gunks... [Re: Kent]
Kent Offline
old hand

Loc: The Bayards
For Emp and Mark, I don't own the closed land in the nears. However the owners have appointed me, in writing, to act as their agent regarding who has access to the land. They've asked me to close it but it would be fair to characterize that as a collaborative decision.

#60617 - 09/30/11 01:02 AM Re: Rope swing at the Gunks... [Re: donald perry]
retroscree Offline
enthusiast

Originally Posted By: donald perry
It's not closed anymore. See my posts at "Taxes VS preservation...have at it!"

That's a matter of your interpretation of laws governing prescriptive easement and adverse possession. The land would be open only after suit is served and appropriate adjudication by a court. Until such time, the landowners or their appointed representative(s) control access.

#60624 - 09/30/11 04:15 AM Re: Rope swing at the Gunks... [Re: jsj42]
Mark Heyman Offline
old hand

Loc: South Jersey (Pinelands)
Originally Posted By: jsj42
I'm setting up the first TZ...The only bummer is the TZ rope swing is so tiny that it will not be exciting at all. So on second thought, if you don't have something relevant to say to this conversation, why don't you start your own thread. WTF.

jsj: Ya got to understand, were trying to satisfy the trail mafias publicity levy. If you're a newcomer ya got a bit of catching up to do and were just helping you out!

Also, FWIW if I remeber correctly your posts elsewhere have been worth something and so don't mind youre criticism,.

#60628 - 09/30/11 12:18 PM Re: Rope swing at the Gunks... [Re: retroscree]
donald perry Offline
veteran

Loc: New Jersey
Originally Posted By: retroscree
Originally Posted By: donald perry
It's not closed anymore. See my posts at "Taxes VS preservation...have at it!"

That's a matter of your interpretation of laws governing prescriptive easement and adverse possession. The land would be open only after suit is served and appropriate adjudication by a court. Until such time, the landowners or their appointed representative(s) control access.

I stand corrected, you can take it to court or you can get arrested and take it to court.

Edited by donald perry (09/30/11 03:53 PM)

Page 11 of 11 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11

Sponsored