Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 10 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 18 of 22 < 1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 >
Topic Options
#60653 - 09/30/11 11:38 PM Re: Taxes VS preservation...have at it! [Re: donald perry]
donald perry Online   content
veteran

Loc: New Jersey

Edited by donald perry (10/01/11 08:16 PM)

#60655 - 10/01/11 02:07 AM Re: Taxes VS preservation...have at it! [Re: yorick]
veteran

Edited by donald perry (10/01/11 02:34 AM)

#60656 - 10/01/11 03:55 AM Re: Taxes VS preservation...have at it! [Re: yorick]
veteran

Woe to thee, Simon Magus! woe to you,
His wretched followers! who the things of God,
Which should be wedded unto goodness, them,
Rapacious as ye are, do prostitute
For gold and silver in adultery.
Now must the trumpet sound for you, since yours
Is the third chasm. Upon the following vault
We now had mounted, where the rock impends
Directly o'er the centre of the foss.

Wisdom Supreme! ow wonderful the art,
Which Thou dost manifest in Heaven, in earth,
And in the evil world, how just a meed
Allotting by Thy virtue unto all.

I saw the livid stone, throughout the sides
And in its bottom full of apertures,
All equal in their width, and circular each.
Nor ample less nor larger they appear'd
Than, in Saint John's fair dome[1] of me beloved,
Those framed to hold the pure baptismal streams,
One of the which I brake, some few years past,
To save a whelming infant: and be this
A seal to undeceive whoever doubts
The motive of my deed. From out the mouth
Of every one emerged a sinner's feet,
And of the legs high upward as the calf.
The rest beneath was hid. On either foot
The soles were burning; whence the flexile joints
Glanced with such violent motion, as had snapt
asunder cords or twisted withes. As flame,
Feeding on unctuous matter, glides along
The surface, scarcely touching where it moves;
So here, from heel to point, glided the flames.

"Master! say who is he, than all the rest
Glancing in fiercer agony, on whom
A ruddier flame doth prey?" I thus inquired.

"If thou be willing," he replied. "that I
Carry thee down, where least the slope bank falls,
He of himself shall tell thee, and his wrongs."

I then: "As pleases thee, to me is best.
Thou art my lord; and know'st that ne'er I quit
Thy will: what silence hides, that knowest thou."

Thereat on the fourth pier we came, we turn'd
And on our left descended to the depth,
A narrow strait, and perforated close.
Nor from his side my leader set me down,
Till to his orifice he brought, whose limb
Quivering express'd his pang. "Whoe'er thou art,
Sad spirit! thus reversed, and as a fence post
Driven into the ground," - I in these words began;
"If thou be able, utter forth thy voice!"

Edited by donald perry (10/01/11 04:19 AM)

#60658 - 10/01/11 10:41 AM Re: Taxes VS preservation...have at it! [Re: donald perry]
oenophore Online   confused
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: 212 land
The picture suggests that a number of barefoot soloists have cratered upside-down.

#60659 - 10/01/11 01:22 PM Re: Taxes VS preservation...have at it! [Re: oenophore]
veteran

You may be onto something oenophore.

This photo suggests that the "Wolf" [whose belly is full of *stones* in the previous story] can no longer "speak" at the moment because he and "that wreched crowd" have been made by "O Supreme Wisdom" human fence posts face down. Their sin was that they have "prostituted" the "things of God" [The Shawangunk Ridge] for their rapacity [i.e. TheFreeDictionary "3 Subsisting on live prey" desire to eating little red hood [the climbing community] and grandma [the property owners]].

The flames from heal to toe in Dante's Infoerno Canto XIX are now *signs* of devine judgemnt upon these posts, where upon these kicking feet would "burst ropes".

Edited by donald perry (10/01/11 01:40 PM)

#60660 - 10/01/11 01:35 PM Re: Taxes VS preservation...have at it! [Re: donald perry]
Kent Offline
old hand

Loc: The Bayards
Donald, you're pretty whacky. I'm not going to waste my time with a play by play rebuttal of your nonsense. Instead, I have a challenge for you.

In one of your many posts above you chose two political appointees, the Gardiner tax assessor, and a Gardiner Zoning Board pf Appeals member to buttress your claim that the zoning law has not reduced property values of Mohonk Preserve neighbors. Rather than use such highly biased sources, why not choose professional real estate appraisers?

Here's my challenge. I'll bet you $1,000 that the value of my land has depreciated by at least 10% as a direct consequence of the zoning law. The values with and without the zoning law will be appraised by three professionals who have no affiliation with the preserve or any landowner. It would be best to bring in people from way out of town really. The loser will have to fork over $1,000 and also pay the fees of the appraisers, which will run about $1,500 altogether. So we each would have to put $2,500 into escrow before the appraisals.

Are you willing to put your money where your mouth is or are you going to prattle on for another ten pages?

Edited to add: As you have already revealed your litigious character, you'd have to previously agree to not sue the appraisers or whoever holds the escrow funds should the appraisals not go your way.

Edited by Kent (10/01/11 01:48 PM)

#60662 - 10/01/11 01:41 PM Re: Taxes VS preservation...have at it! [Re: donald perry]
Kent Offline
old hand

Loc: The Bayards
Here is a second challenge. You have stated you will sue for adverse possession of the land in the Nears. I will indemnify those landowners against any claims made against their property, so I'll be footing the bill for any lawsuit you bring for either adverse possession or prescriptive easement.

I can't think of anything more effective at inspiring more ridge landowners to close their land. So, please, as you say, have at it.

I challenge you to sue me or any other landowner in Gardiner for either prescriptive easement or adverse possession.

#60663 - 10/01/11 01:47 PM Re: Taxes VS preservation...have at it! [Re: Kent]
veteran

Edited by donald perry (10/01/11 03:32 PM)

#60665 - 10/01/11 02:42 PM Re: Taxes VS preservation...have at it! [Re: Kent]
ianmanger Offline
enthusiast

Originally Posted By: Kent
Donald, you're pretty whacky. I'm not going to waste my time with a play by play rebuttal of your nonsense.

Come on Kent, play the game you started. You listed 6 points of contention and DP has countered them. His point about you wishing the tax laws of the US were otherwise is spot on.

To make your challenge more interesting, the winning bet should be paid to the Preserve Acquisition fund, so that they can pay market rates for land acquisitions as you've stated as one of your goals. The winner gets bragging rights.

#60667 - 10/01/11 03:28 PM Re: Taxes VS preservation...have at it! [Re: yorick]
veteran

Originally Posted By: Kent
Here is a second challenge. You have stated you will sue for adverse possession of the land in the Nears. I will indemnify those landowners against any claims made against their property, so I'll be footing the bill for any lawsuit you bring for either adverse possession or prescriptive easement.

I can't thing of anything more effective at inspiring more ridge landowners to close their land. So, please, as you say, have at it.

I challenge you to sue me or any other landowner in Gardiner for either prescriptive easement or adverse possession.

By your own admission, there is nothing that the Property owners or you want but to keep the lands closed for your own personal interests. And that's fine, my point was, as I said before hypothetical:

Originally Posted By: page 15
What is going on here, what has been going on here is an argument of ethics just as much as it is about legalities. Kent and company are arguing that the Preserve respects neither ethical nor legal ideals. My crossing over has to do with revisiting those ideas to see the weight of the moral, ethical and legal values in these things. We are not talking about climbing. I believe we are arguing a grey area and need to come to grips with it. My point in arguing has more to do with the observing of that position as to what kind of legal or ethical tone it has to it. That the idea of viewing the Preserve as an "Evil Empire" is an idea that has nothing to do with anything we can attach anything to, that it is illogical.

I have not thought about a lawsuit either personally or literally. But there is nothing to lose, seeing that there is nothing that can be changed to appease the situation while you heap up slanderous false allegations against the Preserve or the Smiley family! I disrespect you for that.

There is absolutely nothing to lose. For example, you propose that the zoning laws be challenged. There are married couples who I personally know of, who work in the town, who have been on the ridge for over 30 years, that love and hate the new zoning laws together, aside from the fact that the old zoning laws were not that much different than the new zoning laws. That is, I was told that it is extremely unlikely that the new zoning laws have changed anything in relation to development in the areas of your specific concern by someone who is familiar with your arguments in the town halls and before their boards, who works for the Zoning Board of Appeals! Specifically, that irregardless of what zoning the zoning laws stated or had not stated before, it was stated to me that what your specific concerns for development are so hostile to the ridge that the chances for their approval would have been extremely slim at best even back then. Now, that is not something I said, and it speaks from a mind that is consistent with what is the mind of the people of a number of at least greater than 50%, of the people on the ridge who want to keep things as they are. The zoning laws are not going to be changed nor do they represent a new way of thinking, but a more accurately defined statement of what has been here all along, these are scared lands. That is what I was told. Again, these are not my ideas Kent, I am just repeating to you what I was told in my own words from the Zoning Board of Appeals.

Furthermore, to get more to your point, a lawsuit for perspective easement by and for Donald Perry would have nothing to do with either the climbing community, nor the Preserve, but rather a demonstration of certain established laws and ethics deemed as most appropriate in similar cases. And therefore why not here by me or in other places by anyone else? In other words, when I have been crossing a piece of property for over 30 years and one person now says "You can't do that anymore because you are part of an Evil Empire, this is pure evil!". I reply, "No Sir, you are mistaken, you are part of an evil empire, and I will prove it so.".

So be a man of your word. Indemnify all the Trapps property owners in writing with your lawyer and send it to me at my address already named above. As well as have a contract written up that you will cover all legal fees for the said property owners, you can name your property as collateral if you wish. As well as have them sign off on it, that they are in agreement to have you represent them financially in these matters.

Then once I receive the paperwork from you I can commence a lawsuit against you personally rather than against the actual property owners per say. I don't have a problem with that, thanks for offering. Let me know if you want to fax it.

Page 18 of 22 < 1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 >

Moderator:  webmaster 
Sponsored